Student Housing Authority Suitability Report

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Re: Student Housing Authority Suitability Report

Post by ChaosMorning »

Wow, seems like there is going to be a fair few side characters in this game!

I gotta say, Roommates is probably the Winterwolves game I'm most looking forward to playing! (Hopefully we'll hear a bit about it in the blog today!)

Though, wasn't there a sprite of Terrance without the swirly glasses? Use it if you can, it looked so much better than... that one.
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

thesleepykitten wrote:Hufflepuff =3

Carmen sounds like a sweetheart.
As a fellow Potterhead, I agree with the above.

And Carmen does look awesome *cough*Iwishshewasaromanceoption,don'ttellJack*cough*
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I wrote already today's blog but hadn't time to talk about Roommates since Bionic Heart 2 is in the final stages. For sure will do more in the next ones, though I might ask the help of the writer since I'm not sure what I could write about :oops: not the gameplay since I didn't code it yet.
ChaosMorning wrote: Though, wasn't there a sprite of Terrance without the swirly glasses? Use it if you can, it looked so much better than... that one.
It's writer's fault! :lol: He asked to put that image. Jokes apart, I think is funny though, remember that is a light-comedy game like How I Met Your Mother or Big Bang Theory.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

As someone who HAS to wear eye glasses, I much prefer that characters NOT have the swirly glass. :(
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I wear eyeglasses too occasionally, but never seen any model with swirly glass :lol:
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

fleetp wrote:As someone who HAS to wear eye glasses, I much prefer that characters NOT have the swirly glass. :(

Awww, but I love swirly glasses! The characters in them are always so smart and intense. It's just a great sight gag. And yes, I also have to wear glasses. It's definitely not a "Haha, lookit that nerd in his glasses" thing, just a funny visual quirk. (Slightly off topic, but I just finished watching ... I wanna say Moretsu Pirates, but I think it's Bodacious Space Pirates or something like that... anyway, that one has a great swirly glasses character.)

Swirly glasses are also somewhat obfuscating, adding a bit of aloofness that can be a handy visual cue.

Just my .02, at any rate, certainly don't want to be insulting. :)
hanawa
Young scout

Post by hanawa »

Well, a staple of the swirly glasses character is when he takes them off and you find out he

a) is surprisingly handsome/too cute ;)
b) unattainable to the mortals who should have been grateful to be graced with his presence and beauty
c) has eyelashes that anyone who takes eyeliner very seriously would envy
b) unattainable to the mortals who should have been grateful to be graced with his presence and beauty. And also an alien.

Though not that I'm saying you guys need to edit anything like that in; just naming a frequent trope I see when it comes to swirly-glasses types. :mrgreen: Really adoring these dossiers, by the way--it's what made me really excited about the game, more than even the romance previews, heehee (though they were also a great incentive for my interests). I'm also pouring through Roger Steel's little sneak peaks at this moment; it really hooked me that way, too. (I guess I just really like knowing little tidbits about the characters/setting/etc.)
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

Swirly glasses always just look so comical to me, it is impossible to take it seriously!

For a light-hearted game, it matches, but if it were a more serious game, it would totally break the immersion!

(I used to wear super-thick glasses as well, if there's any bias! I sometimes wear swirly ones for costumes or Halloween jokes, though)
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

Interesting. It sounds to me that Rakesh and to an extent Anne have somewhat autistic character traits (the eye contact and drawing stuff). I'm happy to see that in romanceable characters; I really hope they're not "fixed" or anything or I'll be very disappointed.