Roommate game

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: Roommate game

Post by Lonestar51 »

The end more likely
:( Me=sad :(

Right now I would have more time for "testing" than I'm likely at the end of the month. But well, if it's not ready, it's not ready.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Eh I know, but I HAD to take a few days "off" during the holidays. Which means that I only worked half day :lol:
In the past two days worked 10h on Roommates, fixing all the problems that Michael found and doing the scheduler. It's at a good point but I think I need another week minimum. Then in mid of month there should be the Loren Steam release and as you can imagine I'll be super stressed/busy so I don't want to begin the testing the same week :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

current scheduler WIP, as you play each day on the right there'll be the info on your stats change, and a random line will play depending on the job/task. In this case Isabella is trying to find a shortcut to studying as always :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

And here's the new scheduler GUI redone by an artist. A slight difference vs my own design :lol:
today I should be able to FINALLY resume working on this and SOTW. Past week was crazy. I know it shouldn't complain because meant releasing most of my games on iOS, getting on some bundles, Steam, etc but I hate when my work becomes only "admin work" and I can't make progresses on my games :)
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

Hey Jack , have you decided how you're gonna divide and price this game yet?

The scheduler looks pretty nice btw :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes will divide based on gender you choose to play, seems the most logical thing to do :)
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Post by mizu_ki »

Will there be a bundle or will we get the same reg code when we buy both?

The design of the new scheduler is very nice. I like how it seems that we have multiple options of activities in each location. Granted right now all we see is that we can learn, but knowing jack1974, there will be plenty of fun activities and events. I hope there will still be a place for character interactions like the Isabella example on the old scheduler. I feel that stuff like that adds more to the game. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes will do the bundle thing like in the past.
As for the event, remember that this game is more like Flower Shop, so you decide what to do for the stats, and then every day there'll be an event that you can decide to play or skip (skipping lets you save energy). The events happens no matter what you're doing that day, is more simplified vs Nicole for example. There are too many interlinked events, and having them change based on the activity/location would have been impossible to design :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So today made a LOT of progresses on the scheduler! I think tomorrow might finish it, and send to Michael to do a final testing and fill some missing texts (just small texts that shows while you do each activity). Might also need to find/do some images/icons, but is something small.
I think at this point that the beta will start at end of the month in 99% of cases :)
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Post by mizu_ki »

Yes!