should I hire a replacement artist to make 2 character bisex?

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

no stick to original plan
21%
yes do it!!!
76%
unsure/no clue
3%

Total votes: 109

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm currently struggling over a dilemma: the first of the 4 Loren spin-off has straight romances only because the 2 old cast are Myrth/Rei, and the 2 new ones are straight. However, they're straight only because when we planned that, it was still that huge 16 romances game, so 2 straight only wouldn't matter (since there were also many gay only like Draco/Karen).

Now instead there are 4 romances each of the four games, and in this game only, all characters are straight. In the other 3, there are actually more bisex/gay characters :) it was IMPOSSIBLE to make all the 4 games with even characters (I'll do a blog post soon explaining it in detail).

The main reason why they're straight though, is simply that I don't have the artist working for me anymore :lol: I mean, if I could commission the art, making them bisex wouldn't matter (it wouldn't change anything for the story).

Each romance has a couple CG, plus a sort of pin-up CG (the love interest alone, like seen in 1st person as in Cursed Lands). So what I was thinking is: commission 2 new CG from another artist trying to imitate the style, so then those two characters could be bisex? Of course, no matter how good the artist will be, the difference WILL be noticeable (even picking some particular poses so the faces aren't clearly visible).

What do you think? It's a good idea, or I should just stick to the original plan?
Jaeger
Druid

Re: should I hire a replacement artist to make 2 character bisex?

Post by Jaeger »

If you are only doing a couple of CGs, it wouldn't be bother me too much personally. Clashes in style generally bother me more when I see them side by side.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: should I hire a replacement artist to make 2 character bisex?

Post by jack1974 »

No it would be only two romance CGs, one for Elenor and one for Saren. I agree is worse when sprites mismatch. Indeed I'm getting recolored some characters since sadly Loren's artist was drawing only lineart, so I had to color them with different colorists (SOTW style is different from Loren for example).