Google shut down my Android dev account

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Google shut down my Android dev account

Post by jack1974 »

The worst is that I emailed them saying "OK remove the possibility to buy my games, but keep them online for existing users". Of course the answer was "No". They removed them. So if you uninstalled the games there's no way to obtain them again :(
ElsaWhitworth
Young scout

Post by ElsaWhitworth »

Thankfully all but one are still installed on my tablet. They keep giving warnings about android version but they work for now.
ElsaWhitworth
Young scout

Post by ElsaWhitworth »

Gotta say, all the censorship is silly. I remember when Steam had the big issue with a bunch of VN games pulled and then restored. I just wish Google and Apple would go with the Steam solution of dropping the censorship and maybe they could focus on something useful like eliminating the malware apps in the store.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Under this aspect Steam is 100000 times better. They didn't randomly ban my account, sent a warning, gave me 2 weeks of notice to fix the problems, etc and in the end they solved it in a brilliant way (how it works right now, if is R18 your game doesn't show up regularly in the store).
Google could have copied the system, I and I'd have been able to offer uncensored apps there but of course no...
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Quick ...question.

Would it be possible (feasible) for you to host your games elsewhere than on the Play-store?
Some of the Patreon games I support (like daviezwei's) , simply lets you download the APK (application) files from Mega or similar, completely bypassing Google. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy (and prefer) to play my games on computers. (got a tiny Asus eee I can bring along, for playing Ren'py RPG maker games, fairly well)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes a solution could be to use itch.io. I started looking into it but it's very time consuming (each game was made to be working on those stores with in-app purchases and so on). I am thinking though to use KS for the first time and do a campaign to finance the port of my games. This way at least I know if it would be worth my time (because otherwise I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be). After I finish PS2, I'll think about it :)
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

So I am late to the conversation. I find it all pretty hypocritical of them considering they run FGO, Azur Lane and numerous other fan service games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah, I got many messages like this about other games too (I don't know them, but I trust what people tell me).