games sexual content poll!

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what kind of sexual content you'd like to see in future games ?

suggestive only (teasing pictures and delicate prose)
6%
soft core (no genitals on display)
10%
erotica (some genitals, 'artful' penetration, love-making, not explicit images of sexual act)
34%
hardcore (every orifice, every 'tool', multiple times, multiple participants, etc)
49%

Total votes: 316

jack1974
Pack leader

games sexual content poll!

Post by jack1974 »

One of my writers (won't say who is! might be even someone not currently writing for me anymore) suggested an interesting poll regarding content of my future games to know better the tastes of my fans or potential fans.
As you know I have already several games in the works for which the art is finished and it can't be changed (because the artists don't work anymore, for example Loren 2). But now that FINALLY seems it's possible to have any kind of content even on Steam, I am interested too in knowing what you'd like to see for future games.
In general, I would always want to make (whenever possible) a rather "clean version" of every game I make, even if personally I'm fine with most things. So if you don't like ANY sexual content at all (but honestly I think at least the 1st option should make everyone happy) you don't need to worry. Of course, some stories might focus on the sexy part (like the upcoming Volleyball Heaven) so it won't be really possible to make a "family friendly version", sorry.

There are four choices and I'm going to associate each one with an existing game I made:
- suggestive only: Heileen
- soft core: Roommates original version, PSCD
- erotica: Loren, SOTW, Roommates post-patch
- hardcore: no games yet :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: games sexual content poll!

Post by jack1974 »

Just to be clear this is for ALL kind of games. I include yuri, yaoi, but even otome games ! So far the ones I made are pretty tame (except the RPGs) but doesn't mean they all have to stay that way :wink:
Magnux7
Young scout

Post by Magnux7 »

The current standings are certainly interesting. I chose the "hardcore" option because it would be something entirely new on your part, but I'm honestly surprised it's leading so heavily! Always had the impression your community was more into softcore erotica :shock:

What are your personal thoughts on making more explicit H-content?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have no problems about that on my part! if I didn't do before it was because of the various portals censorship/problems. But now Steam is fine with that. The main difficulty will be to find a good artist for this kind of games, as for writer I can write it myself and use a proofreader if needed :)
As first attempt I wouldn't do anything too "hardcore" though, more on the erotica side, probably yuri only for now. I think you can do hardcore stuff but done very tastefully.

To be fair, Volleyball Heaven is already very on the erotica side (both on text and romance CGs) so I might have a game like that finished relatively shortly :)
Magnux7
Young scout

Post by Magnux7 »

Sounds good to me. Could easily stay away from the most hardcore kinks and stuff, yet more focus on the eroge sounds fun 8)
If you want to start off with yuri, there's always classic visual novels to take inspiration from.
The "Sono Hanabira" games are probably most known. Focused mostly on wholesome fluff and sex, although less of a story.

Also, I hope you continue with manga artstyle for your games in the future. Corona Borealis had exceptionally good art :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course I'll keep using manga, all my other attempts with different art style failed :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As I posted on twitter: https://twitter.com/WinterwolvesG/statu ... 3644197889
I think my analysis of past games was approximative - there can be GOOD non-manga artwork, but it's hard to find artist that can pull that off. If you follow me on Patreon, the recent pictures of amazons I posted are a good example.
PSCD realistic style was "scary" and some expressions were off-putting (thinking about it now, was better with no expressions at all lol) while for Vera Blanc I was basically commissioning comic pages, and then zooming in each panel too much so the quality wasn't good enough.

Anyway, all future games use manga style. The secret yuri game though has a slightly different style for the CGs (still manga but more close to Loren's style than the one of the characters), because the original artist couldn't make in time (there are like 25 CGs in total... lol). But I guess a different style for the CGs is OK. Also, I needed to pick someone who could draw female anatomy very well... :wink:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I read part of what was written at the twitter link. I like the art and writing of your Vera Blanc games. I wish you had made more, but I understand as a businessman you can't make games that the public won't buy.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'd like one day to try again, but of course with higher quality art, to see what happens.
I mean the other two games that are a bit "scary/supernatural" (Nicole and Love Bites) did OK, so clearly people don't mind those kind of stories. Maybe once I have finished all the games in the works... :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:51 pm I'd like one day to try again, but of course with higher quality art, to see what happens.
I mean the other two games that are a bit "scary/supernatural" (Nicole and Love Bites) did OK, so clearly people don't mind those kind of stories. Maybe once I have finished all the games in the works... :)
I'll wait patiently for that day. :)
Why? I like big ones, that's why.