mature content in future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: mature content in future games

Post by Troyen »

Supposedly you can add additional context to the "suggestive content" category too, so like in the case of Heileen 3: "guy with unbuttoned shirt punches dude in the face." In case that tag was unintentionally turning off visitors.

On a more serious note, I am curious on what effects this might have on the industry if AO Steam doesn't crash and burn. Will it push games towards the extremes? Where people worried about losing viewers from the AO tag go more safe and censored (like the current trend) and people that commit to AO feel pressured to go all-in and add even more explicit content?

In a sense, it's kind of like R-rated movies in the US (18+) where many R-rated comedies feel pressured to include more of that type of material to justify the R rating they might have gotten because of a scene or two under their original plan.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I think it's going to get messy :lol:
Personally I have no problem with (almost) anything, as long as it's not "forced" on people or people are misleaded. If a game says upfront that is super-hardcore and people want to play it, is OK.
That's why in my games I won't have anything "too hard", if you allow suggestive on/off, even if it's ON, you can't go too far. If I make a game like that (with hardcore stuff) I wouldn't probably have a non-suggestive version at all, since the change is just one click away :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I hope it just lets creators create what they want to create, and get it out there...
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

So far, we've got submissions like this.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL! I don't think I'll ever manage to put even 1/10 of the things in that list in a single game, so I shouldn't worry :lol:
But IMHO those are also done on purpose to attract people, like "let's write down the craziest stuff possible". It's a strategy, of course, and I'm sure it works, but not my kind of thing. Maybe if I wanted to make a completely demential/comedy game...
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

One of the adult versions of my visual novels contains 6 and one-half of the listed items (none of them have 'monster cries').

Very respectfully,
fleetp
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

DWARF IS STANDING ON A STOOL, people! Hide the kids!

Obviously the developer is playing with the system/making a point.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Now suddenly understands all those people demanding Dora romance in Loren... lol. Not going to happen in my games, sorry.
KagenNoTsuki
Young scout

Post by KagenNoTsuki »

Franka wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:05 am So far, we've got submissions like this.

Ok what game is this? I must know! LMAO