mature content in future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: mature content in future games

Post by Troyen »

Given all the stuff inexplicably removed from youtube, I'm not surprised Google's filters are whack, or overly sensitive, or whatever.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If selling apk directly using itch.io wasn't much of a pain, I would do that and just ignore Google Play... I might try to do this with some future games. The main problem would be people wanting to switch to the itchio apk, need to provide a valid receipt, etc.
But since mobile users are "by default" not very tech savy I think it could be very hard to explain how to install apk manually...
CobraPL
Young scout

Post by CobraPL »

I would recommend adding some NTR content. It may be done w/o adding (much) explicit or graphical content.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What does NTR means ?
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

Netorare(NTR) is a trope where the character you are trying romance/are in a relationship with, end up having sex with someone else, it can be cheating or rape, the goal is to make the MC(and the player by extension) jealous.
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:07 pm What does NTR means ?
NTR stands for Netorare (Sometimes also called Never To Return), it's when main protagonist's love interest is taken or seduced away from them, willingly or unavailingly (Blackmail/rape). It's purpose is to make readers feel jealousy and is also a fetish some people have.

I really hope you don't put NTR is your VNs, or if you do, at least give us a clear warning so people who hate it can avoid it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I see. Well I have no plans for such things, I mean could be some jealousy to spice up the romances but nothing so "extreme" :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So ONE DAY after I resubmitted the censored version of Bionic Heart, it was removed again for the same reason :lol:
After someone from Google told me that once removed that image it would be OK!!!

I think I'm going to give up publishing games on Android. The revenues are ridiculous and I can't have the fear of my apps being removed for any random reason one day from another. This happens only on Google Play though. Both iOS and Amazon never bothered me about this, and I have the same identical games. Maybe I can just stop publishing on Google Play :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

We're about to find out how steam's new approach is going to work out, and if it'll last.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The problem is also if marking your game as "adult only" does prevent some traffic on Steam. My situation is probably the best for players (since they can choose if to play with suggestive content on/off) but not sure as developer if I should just keep a sort of "very bland censorship" so that it can be removed by simply deleting a file on the game directory...
For now I have no hurry since my next game on Steam will probably be Corona Borealis in January next year and that one is 100% safe :)