mature content in future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: mature content in future games

Post by jack1974 »

Well first of all those numbers aren't super accurate. But also, Loren is of 2012... 6 years ago! Each Humble is a lot of copies, like 20-25k each, even if at like $1 per copy or something. Also at those times it was way much easier, less competition.

LLTQ by Hanako sold over 350,000 copies based on that site. Now THAT is something insane even counting bundles! I need to make a stat-raising game ASAP! :lol:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:21 pm Well first of all those numbers aren't super accurate. But also, Loren is of 2012... 6 years ago! Each Humble is a lot of copies, like 20-25k each, even if at like $1 per copy or something. Also at those times it was way much easier, less competition.

LLTQ by Hanako sold over 350,000 copies based on that site. Now THAT is something insane even counting bundles! I need to make a stat-raising game ASAP! :lol:

:) Well? I still think Spirited Heart is a pearl of a game. Even years after last playing it, the memory of those games linger
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I was planning a sequel, already a lot of art done, a good amount of writing as well but then there was that big debacle of artist quitting... so I put everything on pause. But eventually I'll do a sequel of that game too. Once I finish the other 3129075 games in progress of course :lol:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

mastro wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:56 pm You mean going inside teh game file folder, and delete the censored.txt? yes, it would be really a shame if this trick was shared in Steam forums by someone else beside you...! the poor Steam users might lose their sight looking at all those evil uncensored images!
:o that's how you do it? THANK YOU
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Want to know what Steam did in the last update? They've removed certain games from the search results on the store page. Among them Roommates, Cursed Lands and Love Bites.

Funny thing, you can still find the bonus content, just not the games themselves. That's really going to make it hard selling your games, when people can't even search for them on the store front.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Doing a search for the "sexual content" tag now brings up a grand total of 15 results, which they haven't managed to weed out yet, I suppose.

EDIT: Ah, that was just new and trending, 260 results, including a large number of troll results..
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Valve's war on visual novels and animé content continues, despite their recent "policy change."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wow. That's why I wasn't seeing it in results anymore!! I thought it was some temporary glitch :lol:
Well if people buy them directly on itchio instead I wouldn't mind :wink:

And also LOL, Love Bites is definitely not too much sexy. All the CG are VERY tasteful and definitely artistic nudity!!! this is just nuts... I expect PSCD to be removed too once they find out it has super hot CGs :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

They could be preparing the road for that "content filtering" feature they were talking about. However, if games with adult content are going to be hidden by default, this will be really a bad thing for exposure (the already super limited exposure they offer!).
I mean, even if in my games I allow both censored/uncensored, I would get an "exposure penalty" just because I allow the choice (unless players have enabled it, but won't be the default). Or I should put there only the censored version and not make it unlockable but would suck :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

As always, Valve doesn't inform anyone what they're up to. I wonder if they'll reimburse people for lost sales due to game invisibility? (HAHA, as if!)