favorite style (female characters)

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what artist/style you prefer for female characters (see below)

You may select up to 2 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

favorite style (female characters)

Post by jack1974 »

A Image B Image C Image
D Image E Image

This is NOT a competition between artists! As usual is mostly a matter of personal tastes :)

The examples I picked above are images from artists that more or less are reliable and I could use in future games, OR they have a style similar to other artists (ie. I think I could find someone with a similar style if needed).

I picked all manga artists with the exception of the first one since even if it's painted/rendered, is still more on the cute side, not too much detailed, so I think people might like that too.
I will make a separate poll for males, since I think some artists definitely draw male better than female and vice-versa. That will be useful to me if I decide to do a game for example with only female love interests (BxG and GxG) would be stupid for me to use an artist that draws males better for it! :mrgreen:
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Re: favorite style (female characters)

Post by Rebly82 »

Wanted to ask, does B equals to Loren's, Season's Of The Wolf and Cursed Land's character art design? Because if so, you should use one of the better art works, as I think many didn't make that connection. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, Loren's artist doesn't work for me anymore, sadly :( Otherwise obviously I would always use him for all games, he was the absolute best!
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

I chose two, but to be honest each style in my mind would be best for a certain style of game. Say your are going for a gritty realism in a game, then I would suggest A as there clothes are the best illustrated and the look is somewhat realistic without the uncanny valley. If you have a light hearted fun game, I would go with C in the traditional manga style, a more comic book feel then go B, sultry seductive go D, more adult oriented go E. Each fits a certain niche in my opinion and only would bother me in a game with a distinctly different feel than the art represents.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's a good point indeed. I think picking the right artist/kind of art for the game is very important. Sometimes it's not always possible (artists busy, etc) but whenever I can, I try to do that :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

For me it's:
C>B>D>>E>>A

I Really Like C&B and it was hard to choose witch of the two I prefer more, on B I like coloring more but C is more stylized and cuter, while B would probably be better for more serious fantasy games C would be better for slice if life ones, but generally I like both.
D while I like the style a lot I don't like the way it is shaded too much, it lucks the smoothness that the other two have. But I still like it overall.
E while it is ok, I am not to crazy about a style true I find it hard to find the right words to explain why, while it is stylized it is a bit more on cartoonish side rather them Manga if that makes sense.
And A while it's not bad it is just way too realistic for me.

C,B And D are the ones I would like to see in your games.
E I would still be ok with.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, interesting feedback. BTW B is the artist who did extra characters in Amber (like Lynn's mother) and the Cursed Lands bonus CGs :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I must be one of the few people who doesn't like Deji's female characters (it's the animé eyes, I hate those).
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

DarkWolf wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:52 am For me it's:
C>B>D>>E>>A
Hey! That's the same order I've got mapped out in my head! Great minds think alike! :)

C and D are both gorgeous girls, in that you want to give them a hug or romance them! :lol:
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Franka wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:32 pm I must be one of the few people who doesn't like Deji's female characters (it's the animé eyes, I hate those).
I am like you.

For me it would go, D>B>A>E>C

As far as romancing goes, all those women except for C feel like they are in their 20's at least, but C looks like a 12 year old girl, and I could never be remotely attracted in any way.