itch.io FAQ

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: itch.io FAQ

Post by jack1974 »

As far as I know, yes. What were you looking for?
If you want I can give you a coupon code to get a discount on BMT as well (which I still use on my site).
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

An incoming suggestion!

Jack, since Itch.io is more or less your new storefront now, I was thinking, how about you sticky this thread? So it will always be conveniently at the top portion of the forum. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah I thought it was already sticky :lol: Will do it now!
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

After some time i went to the site and then also to this forum to find out that now all the games are behind the itch.io wall.
I read in your faq here that purchases earlier done you can download the demo and still use the key (probably also the emai option)
Now when i go to the page of planet stronghold colonial defense i see that the full version is labelled as version 2 while the demo is labelled as version 1.
Does that mean that the demo is outdated? Or are both the same version? I already purchased PSCD in the old way, through BMTmicro.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No that number is only the amount of uploads - I could upload 100 times the same version and it would say "version 100". It's a system itch.io uses but doesn't reflect the actual game version (which you can see in the main menu usually).
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

ah ok. So that's actually just used to make a difference, because of itch.io's numbering system.
Thanks for the info.
MidnightBlue
Young scout

Post by MidnightBlue »

It's been quite a while since I've been here and I admit I'm confused by the changes. My understanding is that if you bought a game previously, all you have to do is install the itch.io client, download the demo and then unlock it with the old code? My problem is that I don't seem to be able to download anything at all, and a demo doesn't seem to even be an option. I can see a link for the full version only and the soundtrack, but it's not clickable. Above that it just asks me to buy it.

I'm also having problems finding my unlock code too..
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I removed the demos time ago! You can just email me and I'll give you itchio links (or Steam keys if you prefer).