what I'm working on next

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: what I'm working on next

Post by jack1974 »

I already uploaded a new demo for it when I did version 1.0.3 :) I think there shouldn't be problems anymore with the demo (at least for a while) since it's almost up to date with the full build !
BTW the demo is on the ich.io page.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So today got the last path of Love Bites and I plan to have the game beta the weekend of 7-8 April.
If all goes well I'll release both Cursed Lands and Love Bites in April/May: though I won't release them at same time, since that's bad for promotion. I'm thinking probably Cursed Lands next month and Love Bites in May.
VBH is still being scripted and romance CG done, so probably my plan will change a bit and I'll resume working on PS2 from April to June instead. We'll see what happens next, but so far this year has been very good and made great progress with the games! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another update: with Cursed Lands release I am suddenly in a good position for this year. Yes, I still need to do mobile/Steam ports but to be honest the biggest obstacle right now it's my connection :lol: I need to do some tests on mobile but differently from itch.io you need to upload the full apk every time (so in this case 176mb!!). And with my connection... is a pain :oops:
(luckily I should get 100mps finally by the end of 2019!)

Anyway, I expect the next few months to:
- finish Love Bites testing and release it, very likely next month
- work on Planet Stronghold 2, aiming to have maybe a prototype this Summer, depends how things go
- wait for Volleyball Heaven text to be fully polished, all the romance CG finished and then start to script it. All things considered probably this one won't be out before Autumn though

I'm also waiting for some new texts for Corona Borealis, but looks like that game will finally be my first "true small game"! The price will also obviously reflect that. This one might be out before end of year as well :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Small update:
- Love Bites was released as you know :)
- personally I am still working on PS2, however for real-life events, I think in the next 3-4 months I will have really not much time. Sigh. Nothing bad, just a lot of time-wasting stuff happening!
- for Volleyball Heaven the romance CG still needs to be all colored/finished, and the scripting should start shortly. I think it should be ready this Autumn or maybe in time for Christmas
- lastly for Corona Borealis I got new texts and if writer keep going like this, that might be ready towards end of year too :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I made a blog post about current status:
https://www.winterwolves.net/blog/2018/ ... situation/
sadly the real-life ballbreak is happening as expected at full speed (house renovating works + other various things that are nothing bad but a total waste of time!) and will continue for long time. Still I think I can manage to work a bit in the morning at least :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another update! About half of the house renovating works are done and it's likely that the other half will be done next year, so this autumn I should have less distractions :)
I temporarily paused work on PS2 to get a demo of Corona Borealis ready for Jill (the writer) to show it at some big convention in USA (I don't remember the exact name).
Meanwhile the VBH CGs are being colored and the result is just AMAZING. As I posted on twitter I can't really share anything since... ahem that game even in the censored version is really quite hot :mrgreen:

In an ideal world I would be releasing both Corona Borealis and VBH before the end of year, then PS2 around Summer next year, but you never know. Last year I was planning to release Cursed Lands this Fall and instead it was ready almost 6 months before! So... as always take those predictions with a grain of salt!
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:04 am Meanwhile the VBH CGs are being colored and the result is just AMAZING. As I posted on twitter I can't really share anything since... ahem that game even in the censored version is really quite hot :mrgreen:
Ah, so the game is set in Italy during July!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe considering this year, should be set in UK!
I mean I have 34°C outside right now, but while nowadays this is average for Italy, I heard from my indie friends in UK that there is even worse right now :shock:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:04 am
I temporarily paused work on PS2 to get a demo of Corona Borealis ready for Jill (the writer) to show it at some big convention in USA (I don't remember the exact name).
If ya ever find out the name, Jack, please tell us: I've been waitin for this! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah I found the name in an email she sent me: it's AnimeFEST in Dallas, Texas. Jill will be there with Ayu from Sakevisual too :)