what I'm working on next

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: what I'm working on next

Post by jack1974 »

Haha has been a while since I posted! Time for an update:
PS2 - chapter 1 is done, editor is fixing main plot file now (which is also the biggest one!). I am about 1/4 of chapter 2, it's going slower than I thought because there are a LOT of combinations: past romances, alliance (rebel/loyal) and also several branching point so I need to be careful to not make plot holes. Luckily towards end of this chapter the player becomes neutral so chapter3-4 will be easier (I had to do it this way to avoid going nuts!)
Corona Borealis - Jill tested the game a lot of times, all voices are there, all art/writing/etc. We're working on the trailer now, but basically is just polishing time :) Since it's her game mainly I don't want to put hurry to her but should be out soon.
VBH - in this case the writer had some real-life things slowing down the process. However, even in this case, ALL is done (all art, writing, etc). He is just polishing the script and fixing some scenes. He is very picky, but I think it's a good thing :)

Also, some news about Summer In Trigue: the old writer couldn't continue, so the same writer of VBH is going to take over. He will of course finish first VBH, but get to work on SiT shortly after. The goal would be to have it FINALLY done next year :lol:

As for me, once I finish PS2, I'll be working on Loren 2. I hope to be working on that game next year, but not sure when it will be out. Much depends how long takes me to finish PS2, which is a much more complex game than I anticipated! :o
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Between Loren 2A/B and PS2, I think PS2 is the easy one!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well for sure Loren 2 romances amount beats PS2, but the actual main plot will be more linear/simpler to write :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 am
Corona Borealis - Jill tested the game a lot of times, all voices are there, all art/writing/etc.

Voices are there--if ya mean it's a voiced-over game, will there be an option to turn the VOs off?

I mean no disrespect to voice actors; I just prefer to do my own voices in playthroughs.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you can turn them off, no problems!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Short update:
- I'm writing the FINAL SCENES of PS2 second chapter!! it's a major pain since it's all so confusing even in my mind that I'm writing it lol. Luckily after this chapter all paths will merge in a single one and then it should be "easier". I don't think will manage to have a beta by end of month since it also needs to be proofread. But next month should be fine.
- Corona Borealis is already in beta as you saw. It's basically done, just a minor tweaks maybe to do, but nothing big
- the writer working on both VBH and SiT said he will finish polishing the last scenes of VBH before end of month. He's also making good progress on SiT :)
- another writer is going on with Loren 2 scenes as well
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am - another writer is going on with Loren 2 scenes as well
Meaning we could see it within this year? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

More like in 2020-2021! There's an insane amount of work left to do. Even if the game was fully written NOW, would take me about a year to code /test it...!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another small update:
- Corona Borealis was officially released (Steam and mobile version coming in next month as soon as I have a moment of time)
- PS2 is all done except the camp talk of chapter2, HOWEVER after the editor has finished the main plot file of chapter 2 I'll begin the beta, since the camp talk scenes aren't interconnected a lot so I could just have my own unedited texts during the beta, not worth waiting for the editor to fix them :)

So I still hope to have PS2 beta before end of May!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I didn't update this in a while :lol:
Based on recent events, it's obvious that my games are no longer and will never be available on Google Play. I also have no plans to ever port my upcoming games to mobile since it's not worth it anymore.
As you know Planet Stronghold 2 beta was out and I want to thank everyone who bought/played it and gave me feedback. I am working on chapter 3, however for some characters like Philipp I have already done the main storyline, so I'd say I'm about at 70-75% of the whole game finished. I want to release chapter 3 and 4 together (the last one will be shorter and involve mostly romance and personal quests).
I still think at this point that end of September or October could be a good estimate for the full beta with all the content.

Progress on VBH and Summer In Trigue but is good, have no clue yet when they'll be finished (VBH should be out much sooner though).

I am also working on a secret yuri game with much more adult/explicit content, will be shorter, but I don't want to say anything about it until it's almost ready :)