what I'm working on next

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: what I'm working on next

Post by BobTheMob »

Any chance that'll also be here in Philadelphia?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have no clue, sorry!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

I am so surprised that they have decided to pick up Corona Borealis as well considering they already have 2 other games that they aim to release until end of the year. While I am looking foreword to Corona Borealis I really hope that them working on it doesen't mean they had dropped/put on hold their other two games since I was looking foreword to them as well.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What other games are you referring to? also, me or Jill/other people?
If it's me, I'm working on PS2 now again and the art of VBH is still being made so making progress :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:37 pm What other games are you referring to? also, me or Jill/other people?
If it's me, I'm working on PS2 now again and the art of VBH is still being made so making progress :)
I was talking about Deji's team. They are currently working on both DoraKone and Caramel Mokaccino both of witch are supposed to come out this year. And now Corona Borealis as well.

I know it's normal for you to work on like 30 games at a same time :mrgreen: , but unless I am mistaken WW has different groups of people working on different titles so it's not like the same group of people is working on several titles at a same time. For one group of people to work on 3 titles at a same time on the other hand seems like really a lot.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well Jill is not Deji team though (as far as I know).
Anyway now maybe you understand when I was saying that C14 yuri was canceled and I doubted that they could have time to finish any medium/big project soon...
To finish a 120-150k word game and of a good quality (many CG, unique soundtrack, etc) you need minimum 1 year, working only on that full time. And that would be a good pace, probably 2 years is more reasonable.
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:26 pm Well Jill is not Deji team though (as far as I know).
Anyway now maybe you understand when I was saying that C14 yuri was canceled and I doubted that they could have time to finish any medium/big project soon...
To finish a 120-150k word game and of a good quality (many CG, unique soundtrack, etc) you need minimum 1 year, working only on that full time. And that would be a good pace, probably 2 years is more reasonable.
Yeah, you are right. I just saw Deji's work and assumed that rest of her team is in it too :mrgreen: .

As for C14 yuri, I knew Deji's team is very busy now, I was just hoping (and still am) that maybe one day when their schedule clears up they could work on C14 yuri. It's not like the only options are now or never, and it's not like it would be a first time that you unannounced a game several years in advance so I just don't understand why out strait cancel it rather then just put it on hold (Unless that is exactly what you did and you just choose to say you canceled it so people don't ask you about it all the time (Witch is what I am hoping is the case)).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So, an update. Regarding what's in the works:
- PS2 as you know from all the updates I'm posting is at good point, the main gameplay features are done and now I can just focus on writing the story, sidequests, etc. I'll be using the same editor I used for Cursed Lands since that produced very good results (which is also the writer of Heirs & Graces). I know I said next Summer for PS2 but MAYBE (not sure yet) I could manage to finish it sooner!
- For Corona Borealis I agreed with Jill to delay the game release after the Christmas rush, also because she still need to finish the dates texts, and she is also adding voices to some scenes of the game. It's not fully voiced, but some key scenes will be, and that takes a bit of extra time
- For VBH sadly I don't think will manage to release before end of this year either, but the good news is that ALL the art is done!! All the CGs are finished and some are super-mega-hot, like you've never seen before in my games. For some there's a censored version, for a few (not sure yet which ones, need to recheck them all) I'll be forced to just show a black screen because can't be censored :mrgreen:
Anyway even VBH could be finished early this year.

I also have a minor announcement that I'll do around Halloween this year, not a new game but a nice free bonus :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:11 pm - For Corona Borealis I agreed with Jill to delay the game release after the Christmas rush, also because she still need to finish the dates texts, and she is also adding voices to some scenes of the game. It's not fully voiced, but some key scenes will be, and that takes a bit of extra time
Will it be possible to turn off the voices?

I mean no disrespect to the VAs; I just like to voice things myself when doing playthroughs. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course :)