ultimate story setting poll!

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what is your favorite setting for a story?

You may select up to 3 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

ultimate story setting poll!

Post by jack1974 »

Another stick poll which could help me better understand the tastes of my fans :)
I think it's obvious that all or most of my games will be romances. After all I'm the master of dating sims :o 8)
But apart this, what you prefer as setting? fantasy, sci-fi, modern age, etc? and comedy, horror or something else?
I allowed 3 options since I understand people can like various things, but I don't want to allow more than 3 votes otherwise results could be not very accurate.
I think I added all the major genres (and even some minor ones like Steampunk/Cyberpunk) but if I missed something let me know!
Rinvee
Young scout

Re: ultimate story setting poll!

Post by Rinvee »

Jack, if you don't mind can you add "supernatural" to the list? I mean, what I like is a modern world with ghosts/vampires/super-powres/etc. and I don't think anything here fits that? It's not exactly fantasy but 'modern' choice isn't either
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Bah I added it and all results were reset :( I hate this phpBB bug!!!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Isn't this genre and not setting?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not sure, anyway I'm not editing the title (with phpBB forum software every time there's the risk of resetting the poll votes! :shock:)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I did vote, but honestly, I don't think I really care that much? I'm a little bit tired of vanilla fantasy, and I think comedy is very hard to do right, but the setting is way less important than the romance options. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Damn, I forgot the:
[ ] as long as it has yuri, I'm in
option!!! :lol: :lol:
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

The third choice was hard for me, I love cyberpunk(Shadowrun) and fantasy(D&D) as I have played those RPGs for over 20 years. The third choice came down to sci-fi, historical, and steampunk, and ultimately I chose sci-fi.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm sci-fi is quite low, though to be honest we could consider cyberpunk PART of sci-fi... it's hard to make those distinctions! :oops:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Wish you merged cyberpunk and steampunk into one vote....*waves fist menacingly* XD.