ultimate story setting poll!

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what is your favorite setting for a story?

You may select up to 3 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: ultimate story setting poll!

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK, yes now it's clear. For most games in the work everything is ready anyway :mrgreen: but maybe for future games could use this system :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For fun I did a poll on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WinterwolvesG/statu ... 4627612673
Of course I can put only 4 options there.
Anyways, I think the results on twitter matches better my popularity experience. Indeed, fantasy aside that's always going to be the #1, sci-fi is much lower than in this forums, and after doing several games (Bionic Heart, Planet Stronghold) with sci-fi setting I can say that, at least for me, sci-fi is the worst setting possible :lol:
I know, I'm surprised especially to see slice of life so popular but in the end, both Nicole and Roommates were pretty popular so I think that poll is much more accurate "overall" (so not just my fans).

This doesn't mean I'll NEVER make sci-fi games again but for sure, not "big" sci-fi games. That's certain. Also I think depends which sci-fi we're talking about. For example, is a series like Black Mirror sci-fi? I think yes. And I think is very different from, let's say, Battlestar Galactica or Mandalorian :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As posted in twitter, I'm unsure what to do for future games. I mean, fantasy, OK (I have already several games planned with that setting). But apart fantasy, what else?
Sci-fi is at second place in this poll, and I'm starting to think that my mistake was to do sci-fi / space opera (Planet Stronghold) rather than... you know, sci-fi like Black Mirror? In practice not epic battles or space conquest but having unique twists with sci-fi stuff (Black Mirror indeed).
I might try doing one game like that to see how it does, since I have some ideas.
Then I guess if I put good writing/art and sexy stuff, any kind of yuri game can sell well (see Summer In Trigue and At Your Feet) :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Cyberpunk.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha cyberpunk is tough! You need to do a lot of world building. Maybe in future... :)