I need help with the Wiki

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

I need help with the Wiki

Post by jack1974 »

As you MIGHT know, I made a wiki here: http://www.aravorn.com/
The problem is that I rarely have time to keep updated, and I prefer if the writers work on the stories :) so it would be VERY helpful if you could help with it. In particular with SOTW characters and world, but for anything, really.
If you just played a game or if you remember well the details, you can contribute.
I limited the access to the wiki because of insane spamming, but if you think you can make a lot of contributions I can add you as user. Otherwise, it's enough to post your entries here, or even send them to me by email or any other way you prefer :)

Thanks for any help. This announcement is always valid even in future! (because I don't think will have much time to fill it myself even in future).
DarkWolf
Druid

Re: I need help with the Wiki

Post by DarkWolf »

I never edited a wiki so I am not completely sure how to go about it but I would like to help when I have a time.

Would something like this work?:

In Game Pages add Queen Of Thieves under RPGs Within it:

Released:

First Open Beta version released on 2016-06-21, current version is Queen Of Thieves beta 0.7.8 (When officially released replace second statement with Official release 2016-XX-XX)

Story:

3 Sisters whose mother was captures by an evil lord Raul ages ego and believed to had been executed as a Queen Of Thieves found out that she is still alive from the words of mysterious stranger who asks for money in exchange for more information. In order to get the money needed sisters decide to fallow their mothers patch and become thieves while opening a general goods shop that they use as a cover.

GamePlay:

GamePlay is a mix of a dating sim and a Turn based RPG well known from other Aravorn RPG games. [and add screenshot of battle on left]

Romance:

There are 6 love interest in game that sisters can romance, 3 GxB (AKA: Girl X Boy, Otome) and 3 GxG (AKA: Girl x Girl, Shoujo-AI, Yuri) [and add screenshot of status of romance on left]

Characters:

Main Characters/Protagonists

Joanne

In her page:

Her image on left

Name: Joanne

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Classes: Mage

Relationships: Kira (Younger Sister), Thalia (Younger Sister),
Joanne is the oldest of the Queen of Thieves daughters and the only one born with the gift of magic. From a very young age, she was able to instinctively use her abilities to all kinds of magic. Her ambition when she was a child was to go to a famous school of magic and learn how better to use her gifts. Her dream fell apart, however, on the day her mother was captured. With her gone, she was the only one left, apart from her father, who could care for her younger siblings. She became almost a surrogate mother to Kira and Thalia. Her younger sisters have not always appreciated this but they understand what she had to give up to do it.

Unlike her sisters, Joanne has no real experience with romance. Between looking after her sisters and focusing on her magic, she has had little time to really explore such things. She has been in relationships but they always ended very quickly. Joanne assumes it was because she was taking things too slowly for them or else they had only been interested in her body and not her mind. She likes when people are interested in her body, especially her legs, but it upsets her if they try to push that forward into something more than she is ready for. Her youngest sister often mocks her for being a thirty year old virgin although that is usually in response to Joanne chiding her over her rather loose attitude towards sex.

Outside of romance, Joanne comes across as a friendly and knowledgeable person who exudes extreme confidence in everything she does. The only problem is that when things go wrong she tends to get extremely flustered and her mind goes blank. She has gotten so used to things going how she expected that things going wrong is so utterly alien to her that it completely throws her off. Her sisters take great delight in teasing her during those situations which makes them even worse.

Joanne often gets into arguments with her younger sister, Thalia, over the gods. Her sister rejects the existence of divine beings while she believes them to be extremely real. She is often mocked for her devotion, attending the local temple at least once a week to pay her respects to the gods. Unlike her sister who blames the gods for what happened, Joanne believes that only by petitioning the gods will they succeed in their endeavour to rescue their mother.
Kira

Name: Kira

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Classes: Warrior

Relationships: Joanne (Older Sister), Thalia (Younger Sister),
When she was old enough to leave home, she moved to a town a few miles away from Triberg to work as a guard. She enjoyed the life very much. There was a comradery amongst the guards that she had not experienced before and it made her happy to live amongst such a large group in their barracks. Unfortunately, many of her fellow guards were into drinking heavily and Kira got into that habit too. While she is not an alcoholic, Kira finds it hard to stop once she starts. This has led to her getting entangled in several illicit liaisons with her fellow soldiers. On occasion, this led to brief but disastrous relationships, most of the time it just led to a very awkward morning and a splitting headache.

Perhaps her greatest weakness is a lack of belief in herself. Kira is rather convinced that she is stupid and that her love of alcohol just confirms it. Despite that, Kira really is not stupid but simply lacks the confidence to use what she was given. She often solved unusual cases when working as a guard but she fails to see it was because of her intellect that she did so.

As a rule, Kira finds being direct is the best course of action and his little foibles when it comes to using whatever comes to hand to succeed. She will use her strength and even her love of low-cut shirts to get what she wants. She finds it very easy to make friends although some do find her a little taciturn at times. Most of all, she badly misses the structure and feeling of community being a town guard gave her. Her sense of duty keeps her from abandoning her family’s attempts to free their mother even when it feels hopeless, however. In order to get that back, she is determined to succeed and woe betide any who gets between her and her chance to return to the life she loves.
Thalia

Name: Kira

Hair: Brown Yelow

Eyes: Brownis Yelow

Classes: Thiev

Relationships: Joanne (Older Sister), Kira (Older Sister),
Thalia is the youngest and more rebellious of the Queen of Thieves’ children. She is short, scrawny and not particularly strong but she has been blessed with great agility. Throughout her life, she has used that skill to great effect to play pranks on her older siblings and overall make a nuisance of herself. She was the first to leave the family home at the age of fifteen and seek out a ‘better life’. Soon after, Thalia found herself working as an acrobat in a troupe of traveling performers. She was very good at it and soon found herself performing in front of many rich and powerful people throughout the world.

Her travels brought her into contact with many people and she found all of them interesting. As part of her exploration, she found making love to those new attractive people she met was the best way to get to know them. She slept with men and women of all shapes and sizes. Species was little barrier to her nor was social class. A performing acrobat was quite attractive to jaded nobles and she was more than happy to oblige their curiosity with her own desire for exploration.

There is little Thalia does not like about herself. She loves her body and loves how easy it is to get people to do what she wants. Discretion is not in her vocabulary and she has a habit of offending as many people as she delights because of her extremely plainspoken nature. Her boldness greatly upsets her oldest sibling and subsequently she often gets into arguments with Joanne over just about anything. When she gets into fights of any kind, Thalia’s usual tactic is to go for the most vulnerable area and attack it over and over again until her opponent yields. In the case of her sister, it is constant teasing that Joanne remains a virgin at thirty years of age. On the other hand, she does get very angry if she is ever accused of being some kind of whore because of her sexual exploits. She does not consider herself easy and hates that her sister accuses of her of such. The fact she is so cruel in return feels justified because of that.

Unusual in this day and age, Thalia is an avowed atheist. She refutes the existence of divine beings and will openly argue with those who do. She thinks priests exist only to extort money of others and that temples are just expensive status symbols designed to show off how much money a particularly religious order has. When pushed, she will accept powerful magical beings could exist but they cannot be gods since they clearly do not see and hear all like the priests claim.

When it comes to her mother, Thalia remembers little about her but that does not make her any less determined than her sisters to free her. Being such a lover of traveling, it horrifies her to think her own mother has been trapped in one place for twenty years and so she wants to free her to give her the chance to see the world just like the young acrobat has.
Then do the same for other characters and also add them on Personages of Note page.

I looked at Seasons of the Wolf info for format of info, and I noticed that it still says "Release is expected in early 2014. " so that should be relapsed with "Main game Official release 2014-11-15, Seasons Of The Wolf: Bad Blood DLC official release 2015-04-24"
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that kind of stuff. If you are willing to do it directly I could create an user for you :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Yes that kind of stuff. If you are willing to do it directly I could create an user for you :)
Yes I am willing to do it directly. So when you say you can create a user for me, do I need to log in with username/password that I use for this forum or are you going to send me a separate username/password to login in wiki with? Also does wiki support forum codes like "[img][/ img]" or is there a different method to it?
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Being a huge fan of SOTW (which I noticed seemed to have little info on the characters), if ya need someone for that game I would be honored if I could be a user for the Wiki on it. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK has been a while since I used it :) but in practice you can create an account: http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Spec ... ype=signup
then you need to tell me your username, and I should be able to grant you access to edit/create new pages.

The wiki uses a different format, both for the internal links and the images, but if you check the docs/helps shouldn't be more difficult than the forums (even if I think it's less intuitive).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:OK has been a while since I used it :) but in practice you can create an account: http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Spec ... ype=signup
then you need to tell me your username, and I should be able to grant you access to edit/create new pages.
I received the following when I clicked the link provided:
Permissions errors
Jump to: navigation, search

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators.

?:(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah ok, then I set it up so that I must create it myself (the spam was crazy). I just created a BobTheMob account, you should get some email. The password can be changed :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Ah ok, then I set it up so that I must create it myself (the spam was crazy). I just created a BobTheMob account, you should get some email. The password can be changed :)
aww.... what about me :?:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just created you as well! :)
Make sure to not do double work, like both edit same page or write about the same topic, but I guess Bob will do SOTW mostly (which is needed indeed).