Discussion about future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Discussion about future games

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Just something to help figure out what the other fans would like to see in terms of future games.

One game I think would be good would be a mecha scifi game with both alien allies (romances) and enemies.

Other game ideas:

Fantasy game set inspired by Ancient Egypt

Science fantasy game with elves, furries, dragons, cyborgs, Valkyries, lasers, robots and Norse mythology

Game where you play dragons

Beat'em game inspired by final fight 2 and these games http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/denjin ... nmakai.htm and http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/sengoku/sengoku.htm (Actually Sengoku 3)

What do y'all think? Do you have ideas you wand to share?

Share your thoughts and ideas. Who knows maybe your idea might be used. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Discussion about future games

Post by jack1974 »

Haha nice ideas. I actually have a file on my HD called indeed "game ideas.txt" which sometimes I update. Currently has 35 entries :lol: but some games probably will never see the light. Anyway all suggestions are welcome :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I always wanted to make a spaghetti western game inspired by the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but obviously that should be made by an Italian developer.

I'm sort of working on writing a low fantasy viking VN, expanded from an old short story I wrote, about a viking princess who wants to but is not allowed to become a shield maiden. Since I'm working full time and playing too many games, I'm working very, very slowly. :lol:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote:Haha nice ideas. I actually have a file on my HD called indeed "game ideas.txt" which sometimes I update. Currently has 35 entries :lol: but some games probably will never see the light. Anyway all suggestions are welcome :)
Sweet! Glad I could contribute. My favorite ideas from the list are the ancient Egyptian game, Norse science fantasy game, mecha game, and beat'em up game.

And I do the same thing with my stories I write although I tend to write it down in a journal in case something happens to my laptop. I tend to have printed copied of my stories as well.

And I think a Winter Wolves mecha game or ancient Egyptian game would be cool! Heck you could combine the two together!
Franka wrote:I always wanted to make a spaghetti western game inspired by the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but obviously that should be made by an Italian developer.

I'm sort of working on writing a low fantasy viking VN, expanded from an old short story I wrote, about a viking princess who wants to but is not allowed to become a shield maiden. Since I'm working full time and playing too many games, I'm working very, very slowly. :lol:
Wow and cool! I've always wanted to design a game but never had the time. I did do some mugen games back in college. Made a Guilty Gear vs Marvel game back then. It was fun.
Good luck with your game and I look forward to it!
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

I had a thought. I don't know how feasible it would be thought. But here it is:

Pantheon-type game (Aravorn Pantheon? - MAYBE something like Loren?).

You are the god/goddess of your people. Male or female (Keeping it simple of course). You have worshipers. But only four can be chosen (of course these four would already be pre-determined by the writers). Use your benevolence and power to guide your people against the forces of evil (like Faust). BXG/GXB/GXG/BXB romances. Only four romance paths because what god or goddess wants to be alone?
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Franka wrote:I always wanted to make a spaghetti western game inspired by the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but obviously that should be made by an Italian developer.
And here I thought I was the only one who wanted to see a Western game. Of course, in the one I'm making notes, getting art, etc. for in my spare time is also going to have supernatural elements.

The main character could discover a town oddly empty...and find signs that someone was there. Investigation reveals hoofprints going one way...and perhaps only doing so at night...only to discover vampire cowboys rounded up everyone in that town for a 'cattle drive'

Perhaps the player would be a sherrif...and word comes around of a lone person killing all kinds of law-dogs. The catch? This person was unjustly hung by a lynch mob...and yet didn't stay dead. (More revenant and less zombie).

Not that you wouldn't use a lot of old Western tropes either like bank robbers, etc.

Perhaps a pirate game where you could become a pirate Queen while fending off the European powers trying to stamp you out. One could even have exotic locales, and monsters as possible resources/achievements. There could town-building elements. Do you build the barracks to train your people, or establish a brothel to boost morale? Perhaps make allies or engage in diplomacy and play the European powers against each other. Maybe seduce the wife of the French ambassador to gain battle plans...and if you truly have feelings for her, convince her to leave her husband with you.
Last edited by Miakoda on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I love Westerns, and i love ancient fantasies that are based on old cultures. So Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greek, Ancient Persia and many others always make me curious. But always loved Westerns new and old.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

kadakithis wrote:I love Westerns, and i love ancient fantasies that are based on old cultures. So Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greek, Ancient Persia and many others always make me curious. But always loved Westerns new and old.
Not that I mind fantasy games either, but they are all Western Europe derivatives. Heck, if a big game company did something with a Mayan aesthetic, I would be psyched.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Miakoda wrote: Not that I mind fantasy games either, but they are all Western Europe derivatives. Heck, if a big game company did something with a Mayan aesthetic, I would be psyched.
No kidding. I think thats sometimes what is lacking in fantasy. I love it too, but it often has less flexibility to it since the rules were put down by Tolkien which was a long time ago.

Ancient Egyptian fantasy actually could have scribes more like Wizards than anything similiar in Europe. And the Gods suit themselves more as Primal forces that can be called down for havok.

Ancient Mayan fantasy has so much to call on since the lore is very descriptive. And Honestly Star Wars itself had more of a Ancient Persian/Buddhist magic call back before mitochlorians were invented to give the whole thing a scientific explanation.

I love traditional fantasy, but sometimes there is so little to make it branch out.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Very interesting stuff to me, I think too both Egyptian/Mayan or Western setting would be great.
(/me goes to add ideas to the list)