Discussion about future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Discussion about future games

Post by jack1974 »

Is a nice idea but the problem with time travel so back in time is that you need to do a lot of research to avoid inaccuracies. So it's harder to write.
Ixionos
Young scout

Post by Ixionos »

I understand and I do appreciate anyway your taking the time to read it. Although I think most of us who love your games wouldn't be so concerned about historical facts not being 100% accurate when having fun playing.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

As long as you can stick to the feel most people don't mind not getting the facts right, genre and atmosphere/themes can make most of a great story and can definitely make up for historical innaccuracy (like most period pieces)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well if people are fine with what I did on games like Heileen, then sure. Also depends on writer, Kitty (who wrote some of the yuri romances for Heileen 3) was very good at doing historical research :)
rooke30
Young scout

Post by rooke30 »

Heck, I'd love to do a zombie-dating sim game. Not one where you date a zombie ;) But rather, the player discovers they are a zombie after waking up one morning.
If anybody is still interested in this, they should check out iZombie on the TV. Imo it's the best zombie show on TV right now, and it doesn't deal with a zombie apocalypse. Also maybe read My Life as a White Trash Zombie, not as good as iZombie but still fun.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

rooke30 wrote:
Heck, I'd love to do a zombie-dating sim game. Not one where you date a zombie ;) But rather, the player discovers they are a zombie after waking up one morning.
If anybody is still interested in this, they should check out iZombie on the TV. Imo it's the best zombie show on TV right now, and it doesn't deal with a zombie apocalypse.
Well, no apocalypse yet, but it definitely covers the dating sim topic request.
dasboot32
Young scout

Post by dasboot32 »

I don't really care about the setting/timeline, as long as the characters are good. However, I'd really like a game where you could play as the "bad guy".

Just a personal selfish craving I have. But I'd really like to play as someone like General Tomas Singoli, working as the henchman to the main villain. And the people you're fighting against are a party of heroes like the ones from Loren.

I remember reading the back story of Tomas Songoli and thinking it would be interesting to play from his perspective.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That's a risky topic, since I think it's rare for people wanting to side with "evil" characters.
If we talk about "grey" characters though, that would be interesting and many people could like it.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I do remember the game Overlord, where yeah you might be the bad guy, but the "heroes" are way worse and it was a comedy to boot, lol. You even could get a princess, even if it didn't matter much which one you chose except for decor.

Myth stuff would be a lot of fun, but I get the research can be huge to pull it off.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

jack1974 wrote:That's a risky topic, since I think it's rare for people wanting to side with "evil" characters.
If we talk about "grey" characters though, that would be interesting and many people could like it.
DLC playing as Thomas Jingoli slaughtering all his relatives to gain favour in Raul's eyes. I'm sure it will be popular. :D

Although playing as Gannondorf in Hyrule Warriors is really fun so I can see it.