Discussion about future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Discussion about future games

Post by Franka »

For me, the choice was kind of obvious. As much as one could do something different and interesting with Egyptians, Mayans and so on, that's something that would require a lot of research. Writing for a setting that you're already intimately familiar with shaves off a whole truckload of work right there.

Yeah, I'm lazy. :lol:
Miakoda wrote:And here I thought I was the only one who wanted to see a Western game. Of course, in the one I'm making notes, getting art, etc. for in my spare time is also going to have supernatural elements.
I would very specifically want a spaghetti western. That whole aesthetic/mood is just very appealing to me.

Supernatural western reminds me of Deadlands / Doomtown, the RPG / CCG, which was western, horror and steampunk all rolled up into one big mess.
Miakoda wrote:Heck, I'd love to do a zombie-dating sim game. Not one where you date a zombie ;) But rather, the player discovers they are a zombie after waking up one morning.
There's a Korean zombie movie you should watch, if I could remember what the title was. Ugh, now my mind will work on this all day.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Franka wrote: There's a Korean zombie movie you should watch, if I could remember what the title was. Ugh, now my mind will work on this all day.
Well if you got netflix you could always watch the Coed and Zombie stoner XD :shock:
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

I would love to see a game taking inspiration from Fire Emblem, especially Awakening and upcoming Fates. Strategy is always fun and the possibility to play matchmaker between your character and other characters in your army to produce children that's tied to specific characters that inherits the spouses hair color and growth etc would be so much fun! (It doesn't have to have everything, maybe the children doesn't partake in battle but just in cute family scenes.)
Not many games have a family/children system involved with your protoganist which is a shame since I find it extremely adorable.
Meep :3
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Wow. This thread just got huge! Which is good!

I think one of the first indie games I've ever played was Adventure Quest. I love that game and its spinoffs. Anyhow, while mixing ancient mythology with scifi has been done too death you can always do it but with an original idea.

Another idea that Winter Wolves could do is a superhero game! However while you would have to pick a default character (let's face it character creation options can take a while) the player gets to pick backstory, home, and other stuff. For example say we have a female cheetah superhero. We can pick whether she's a mutant, an alien, someone who got their powers from a magical being or item, experimented on themselves, etc. depending on our choices the game creates random villains for us to fight. We do have some say in some of who we fight.

Now there's also the superhero school game idea one could do as well.

Or even a mecha training academy game! We can play aliens, humans, cyborgs, or androids!

There's also the game where you play an alien ambassador trying to understand earthlings and we can tailor the game to our liking!
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I second the idea of a superhero game, it is kinda beloved and standard and also has tons of personality, while also fitting in with your niche.

People will be wanting more now that the hero choice of games is over. Nevermind how popular super heroes are in general. If you can put a unique spin, that would be great and probably popular.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Undead Lily started as superhero game, and even if now it's a bit more like a dreamlike/supernatural game, in theory the characters could still be considered superheroes :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

As soon as I said unique spin, I thought of Undead Lily.

About the only one you are missing is a monster one. Vampires, werewolves, zombies, and ghosts with a gothic attitude. Perhaps a courtly one, like Long live the queen or Choice of Romance?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A "merfolk princess/prince" is planned indeed. I want to go back make some raising sim, since my first (and last one) I made was back in 2009 (Spirited Heart).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

kadakithis wrote:I second the idea of a superhero game, it is kinda beloved and standard and also has tons of personality, while also fitting in with your niche.
I've got your anthropomorphic superhero game pitch right here:

Dramatis Personae
Captain Obvious (CO) - stating the obvious, obviously.
Mister Delusional (MD) - using only the power of his mind.
Hardcaw (HC) - murder by crows.
Foxtrot (FT) - foxy ballerina.
Ricky Shay (RS) - bouncing raccoon.

MD The first item on today’s agenda is Catman. We’re trying to find a way to get in touch with him to coordinate our efforts.

RS Have you ever noticed how many names were inspired by Catman?

CO Well, he was the original clawed crusader.

FT Example, please.

RS Well, there’s Bratman.

HC Gah! He’s so annoying, I want to take off and nuke him from orbit!

CO It’s the only way to be sure.

RS Yeah, and Ratman.

HC Ratman’s cool. He kicks ass.

RS ...and Fratman.

MD I thought that was Fratboy.

CO He grew up.

RS Then there’s Scatman.

HC Dude, we do NOT talk about Scatman.

RS Fatman.

FT Doesn’t count. His real name is Kingpig, we only call him Fatman behind his back.

RS What about Flatman?

MD Nobody’s seen him lately.

CO I heard he lost weight, he might be hard to find now.

RS Then there’s Atman.

FT He doesn’t count either. He’s technically @man.com.

RS Trapman?

CO Uh no, there’s a “P” in there.

MD Yeah, if we’re gonna count P’s, we should also count Peeman.

HC Dude! We do NOT talk about Peeman!

RS What about Peegirl?

HC Yeah, that’s ok. She’s kinda hot.

FT You sexist pig!

HC Sorry babe, pigs don’t fly.

FT They do if I throw them off a skyscraper.

CO I think that’s called falling actually.

MD In any case, I heard Peegirl gave up on being a supervillain.

HC Aww, really?

MD Yeah, she opened up her own business, “The Golden Shower Club.”

FT Ewww, why are we even having this conversation?

MD Good point, Foxy. We should move on.

MD Next item on the agenda is the kidnapping of eccentric billionaire, Moose Twain.

RS Moose Twain? I heard a rumor he’s actually Catman’s secret identity.

CO I’d say that’s a pretty good disguise.
Ixionos
Young scout

Post by Ixionos »

How about mixing it up all of the above a little?

My idea is a game about a law enforcement officer or bounty hunter in the year 3000AD assigned to go back in time to capture several wanted fugitives that used time travel to escape from justice to several time periods. The stone age, ancient Egypt, medieval era, feudal Japan, the American Wild west, World War II and our modern day. He or she (you can select gender) will have the chance to meet someone in each period that will help them in their own way to get around their home time period to capture each wanted fugitive and eventually romance him/her. In the end, the MC will have the option to either choose to complete his/her mission by bringing all fugitives to Justice and return home, or complete the mission and go back to a specific time period of the romantic interest he or she chose and stay with him/her for good.