To Winter Wolves.

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Harbinger1975
Young scout

To Winter Wolves.

Post by Harbinger1975 »

So how does a hardcore, action packed, old Mechwarrior/Heavy Gear, Titanfall (when it was good), Chromehounds gamer go from those kinds of games, to games like Loren the Amazon Princess (and soon to be more WW games)? It's called damned good game design and passion for what you do and your dedication to your fans.

Now, I don't just like those kinds of games I listed above. They are by far my favorite, but I play other games too like Skyrim, The Witcher, etc. But I'm also an roleplayer at heart. So the story has to grab me to entice me or I get bored fast. And trust me, Loren did just that. The story, the romance, and the overall feel of the game was amazing and kept me rivetted. And it's a special kind of game that makes me want to write fanfiction about the character I played (in this case Eleanor) and want to continue the story from my Eleanor's perspective (that is until Jack get's Loren 2 out! Hurry up boy! *laughs*) and to see how her and Loren are doing after the fall of Fost.

And now...now I want to buy and play the other games. Heileen series, Season of the Wolf, Planet Stronghold, and more because...well...damn. For being an indie developer, Winter Wolves, you're doing everything right. The art style is amazing. The gameplay is challenging. And I can lose hours just getting lost in the story.

*raises a glass of his Irish whiskey* So here's to you, Winter Wolves. Keep up the good work. Please keep bringing out the quality games you've been making. I'd rather wait an eternity for a great game than get one rushed and it be crap.

PS: I still owe you for making me whimper at the end of my Eleanor playthrough who romanced Loren. Meanies. (just kidding)
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: To Winter Wolves.

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thank you for the nice words! If you'll play SOTW I'd be curious to hear what you think vs Loren, since forums is divided by people who prefer one or another :)
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Harbinger1975 wrote:*raises a glass of his Irish whiskey* So here's to you, Winter Wolves. Keep up the good work. Please keep bringing out the quality games you've been making. I'd rather wait an eternity for a great game than get one rushed and it be crap.
I see your glass of whiskey and raise you one Single Malt Scotch. :)
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

Taleweaver wrote:
Harbinger1975 wrote:*raises a glass of his Irish whiskey* So here's to you, Winter Wolves. Keep up the good work. Please keep bringing out the quality games you've been making. I'd rather wait an eternity for a great game than get one rushed and it be crap.
I see your glass of whiskey and raise you one Single Malt Scotch. :)
Oh now don't ye be thinkin' ye can be drinkin' an Irishman under th' table, lad. I'll be seein' yer scotch an' raisin' ye a glass o' th' Guinness.
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Pass me one, too. I'm not much of a friend of Irish triple-distilled whiskey (I prefer something where you can taste the peat), but Guinness is pretty much the best thing that's ever come from Eire (aside from Clannad).