less lovie dovie,snot&tiers.

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Beardy Bro
Young scout

less lovie dovie,snot&tiers.

Post by Beardy Bro »

it getting quet reptetive.
main character is always caring about his bro's,2 much "we are all in your debt,so we will dance on our heads like a monkey's to make you smile" i wonder why the hell they still not rubbing at each other like the snail mating. WW have problems with this..i mean behavior are TOO DAMN NICE,nice to the point,where it make they remind me of EMOs.i don't against showing your thought and feeling,but... everything must have limits. look at Geralt ! he is Handsome Geralt and i'm yet to see at least watery eyes from him.
don't get me wrong,this is not bad at all,but as i said limits are the key,because if they act the same in every game,it will annoy pretty fast.
sometimes (act 1 SOTW to be specific) heroes remind me of someone who have mental problems.
the one moment they're like "oh look a mom bear and she has as a baby ! LET'S KILL,KILL,KILL ! we are elves and we will be rich,rich i tell ya ! *psychopath laugh*(the fuk??)oh,and let's enslave baby bear,i've heard Santa need replacement for his deers " like...ELVES ????? not giving a poo about making a slave out of animals,but nonono to make them out of humans/elves ???
i know,that elves not obligated to be stereotypical tree humpers,but make some variety pls ?they like HUMANS with ears mutation.
/rant
okay,now actually about "no teary poo" (i've played enough games to make vomit from that(thanks,canons of holy heroes...) )
what i'd like to see a more...darker themed game. like dragon age,BG1/2,nwn,the witcher (especially last one,without FrindShitpisMagic)
so in rough: take SOTW and make it Baldur Game themed game (no,you don't need actually make 2.5D game lol,just strive to achive this atmosphere). that's will be good for a start.
the only game that didn't make my "canon" detector to hit my nuts was PS. mainly becaus they(characters) didn't jump on every opportunity to vocalize how they are in debt to some1 and loviedovie,BFF,PinkIsEverywhere. it was more realistic,military based game (without actually brain dead killers (as most solder are,sadly) ). but I (and maybe not only) want even more variety of personalities,that not driven by 2-3 canons from 90x
maybe that's kinda much to expect from small indie guys and gurls,but still i hope you'll try it. :P

/Captain bad Engrush logging out.
Last edited by Beardy Bro on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: less lovie dovie,snot&tiers.

Post by jack1974 »

I'm trying to make games for all tastes. Based on what you wrote, I think you'll like quite a lot Amber's Magic Shop then :wink: Of course, there'll be many people that I'll hate that game because is really too dark, but it's fine :)
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Also, I object to Althea and Shea having mental problems.

The idea to catch the bear was Vaelis's. Vaelis has been a mercenary for fifty years. Of course he won't have that many reservations.

Althea and Shea - even though they're the children of a trapper - both think it's a bad idea but follow Vaelis because he seems to know what he's doing. The quest isn't going exactly as Vaelis planned, also because the twins are inexperience.

Where are the mental problems you're mentioning?
Beardy Bro
Young scout

Post by Beardy Bro »

you sure you read all and troughtly what they said want what they didn't ?
1) they give 0 care about bear,it's baby and whatnot
2) Polar bear is DANGEROUS,more than what they encounter so far. ofc. they don't think that's good idea,and that's not because suddenly they have been struck by elven morales.
plus they WENT ALL THOUGHT IT WILLINGLY,they DID. they did NOT refuse it.
their doubts for whatever reason have 0 meaning,because they DID IT,they take actions.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Althea and Shea live in a region where a vegetarian lifestyle isn't feasible unless you are able to eat tree bark (remember there are animals called "barkmunchers" in the region?). Their culture revolves on hunting and gathering, and on trade with the Empire. They're elves, yes, and also one with nature, but in the way a pack of wolves is one with nature.

(Game title drop! Yes!)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah in my fantasy world there are various types of elves. The ones most close to the "classic" elves are the "normal" elves (Myrth, Rei, Jariel, etc) then there are snow elves, and also moon elves. Like humans, there's variety :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Moonies? Interesting.
Beardy Bro
Young scout

Post by Beardy Bro »

Taleweaver wrote:Althea and Shea live in a region where a vegetarian lifestyle isn't feasible unless you are able to eat tree bark (remember there are animals called "barkmunchers" in the region?). Their culture revolves on hunting and gathering, and on trade with the Empire. They're elves, yes, and also one with nature, but in the way a pack of wolves is one with nature.

(Game title drop! Yes!)
is there a point to turn discussion about about "how they are hit in the head" in to "what they must do to survive" ??
stick to original topic. plus they aren't wolves. as Althea said she isn't a cat(or wolf for that matter).
and read my original post,because all my answers are there. don't see the point to write everything again really. they act regarding everything in act 1 like a girl with the morals of a man(or nonnantiveamerican lol).