ultimate romance poll!

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Post Reply

what kind of romance you'd like to see / play ?

You may select up to 8 options

 
 
View results

User avatar
Exizel
Woods ranger
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by Exizel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:34 pm

iWeasle wrote: So I take it you aren't aware of the pure BxB game in development that comes up in pretty much every page of the forum? :P
And maybe the transsexual and asexual should have been separated into people and alternatives (like robots and aliens), but there is defiantly a decent number of people in the WW community that like BxB.
I would instead argue that robots have bodies, and thus depending on their programming could have sex lives :) . A full AI that fell in love with someone may make adjustments to itself so it can share that with the squish fleshbag that is the object of its affections.
I know about the BxB game, the one who happen in the same world has loren, the one with the writer who already made a yaoi and a yuri game , what I really mean is that right now there isn't a lot of BxB compare to the GxG and it's reflect in the fanbase, I know that the poll isn't about what type of romance people want to play but about what type of romance want to see the most, so I guess in the end the poll doesn't really reflect the fanbase.

daikiraikimi
Woods ranger
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 am

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by daikiraikimi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Arg, I already responded to this but for some reason it didn't post. ><
Exizel wrote: well honestly ? I'm not really sure that what you think about transgender and asexual isn't what most people who voted think especially because of this

I got the the feeling that a lot who voted tought more about alien and robot than actuel transgender and aseuxal people.
And jack contrary to what most people think "no sex = asexual" is wrong.
My original point here was that I do think that jack was using the term asexual correctly. He was referring to people who do not experience sexual attraction, and didn't want to have sex, as well as other creatures (robots/others) that don't experience sexual attraction, and don't want to have sex. You could have a robot that was not programmed to experience sexual attraction, and they could still have sex to please their partner (some people do this, too.)

Robots or whatever that *do* experience sexual attraction would, I feel, be in a different category.

On trans characters, as someone else pointed out this is more of a genderqueer/non-binary category because most trans people identify as male/female. Regardless of whether people are voting for aliens or people, in my opinion this shows general openness to the concept of other genders.

In any case, experience has showed me that people on these forums are generally more accepting of gender and sexual diversity than other places, so it makes more sense to me that this is a mark of openness rather than just fetishizing robots or aliens.
Exizel wrote:for the result of the poll I'm surprise(in a very good way) and glad that there are so many lesbian and bi women.
Shortened because I'm repeating myself, but women playing GxG doesn't necessarily mean they are lesbian or bi. Straight people may play homosexual relationships, even though in real life they wouldn't actually want to participate in one. (Lack of sexual attraction.) Asexual people also may like smutty romances, despite the fact that they don't actually want to have sex in real life. (Several such aces have said as much in this forum.)

That said, I do think it is a sign of acceptance. :)
Exizel wrote:i'm dissapoint but not surprise for the result for the BxB options, I mean when I first see the poll I tought,
"Right now the game with BxB option are planet stonghold which only has one small option...
As was already said, I think there is a strong BxB presence here-- either large or at the very least vocal. In any case, jack is making a BxB only game soon, which will definitely net more yaoi fans.

User avatar
Exizel
Woods ranger
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by Exizel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:42 pm

daikiraikimi wrote:Arg, I already responded to this but for some reason it didn't post. ><

My original point here was that I do think that jack was using the term asexual correctly. He was referring to people who do not experience sexual attraction, and didn't want to have sex, as well as other creatures (robots/others) that don't experience sexual attraction, and don't want to have sex. You could have a robot that was not programmed to experience sexual attraction, and they could still have sex to please their partner (some people do this, too.)

Robots or whatever that *do* experience sexual attraction would, I feel, be in a different category.

On trans characters, as someone else pointed out this is more of a genderqueer/non-binary category because most trans people identify as male/female. Regardless of whether people are voting for aliens or people, in my opinion this shows general openness to the concept of other genders.

In any case, experience has showed me that people on these forums are generally more accepting of gender and sexual diversity than other places, so it makes more sense to me that this is a mark of openness rather than just fetishizing robots or aliens.
Like you say an asexuel person is someone don't feel sexual attraction, I guess the reason I post this comment in the first place is because I'm used to see people thinking that asexual don't have sex ,I mean some asexual don't want sex, other do it to please their partner, other enjoy it. I don't kown what jack mean by asexual , but the way he phrase it made me assumed that "relationship with no sex = asexual".I should have ask for precision before saying anything.

Shortened because I'm repeating myself, but women playing GxG doesn't necessarily mean they are lesbian or bi. Straight people may play homosexual relationships, even though in real life they wouldn't actually want to participate in one. (Lack of sexual attraction.) Asexual people also may like smutty romances, despite the fact that they don't actually want to have sex in real life. (Several such aces have said as much in this forum.)That said, I do think it is a sign of acceptance. :)
True, but like I say before this isn't a poll about what type of romance people will play but what people want to see the most, we can vote for one choice but most people play more than what they choosed, all I know is that a lot of women want to play GxG the most, I (one more time) assumed that most of them are lesbian or bi because I thought that the straight women who enjoy GxG probably vote something else has their most wanted.
As was already said, I think there is a strong BxB presence here-- either large or at the very least vocal. In any case, jack is making a BxB only game soon, which will definitely net more yaoi fans.
I never say there wasn't I just thought it was to bad that there wasn't more and especially with own much people ask for BxB on the net and I said why I thought they weren't more,I look around the internet and most of the time I didn't hear anything about WW even in the place who would kill for BxB in english. People ask for it but most of them doesn't even know WW, this is why I'm dissapointed and after that I made hypothèse about why those games aren't know for it.

By the way BxB fans doesn't mean yaoi fans, a lot of people who love BxB hate yaoi.

daikiraikimi
Woods ranger
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 am

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by daikiraikimi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:44 am

Exizel wrote: Like you say an asexuel person is.../quote]

I'm asexual myself, in a relationship with a sexual person-- and the reason I was sure jack was using it that way was because there are several "out" asexuals on this forum who have talked about it. :)
Exizel wrote:True, but like I say before this isn't a poll about...
Yes, but it's multiple choice so people could pick as many as they wanted. If you consider that not everyone will pick only one option, perhaps the 2-4 they like to play, then it's not terribly indicative of orientation. Just my take, anyhow.
Exizel wrote:By the way BxB fans doesn't mean yaoi fans, a lot of people who love BxB hate yaoi.
Well, time to tell those forums about Winter Wolves! Spread the word. :D But yes, BxB is not necessarily the same as yaoi, and there is also BL and bara, etc. Just shortened to make it easier, but I guess BxB is more of an umbrella term. /shrug

User avatar
Exizel
Woods ranger
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by Exizel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:04 am

daikiraikimi wrote:
I'm asexual myself, in a relationship with a sexual person-- and the reason I was sure jack was using it that way was because there are several "out" asexuals on this forum who have talked about it. :)

Yes, but it's multiple choice so people could pick as many as they wanted. If you consider that not everyone will pick only one option, perhaps the 2-4 they like to play, then it's not terribly indicative of orientation. Just my take, anyhow.
I see, you re asexual, that explain why you see thing this way(one of the reason), I mean I'm gay and after ready your opinion I realized that I project myself on the others , I assumed that most people voted for the same reason that I (I mean I voted BxB because it's so rare and I wish to see it more, I assumed it 's the same for the women's GxG option) and I guess in a way it's the same for you, has an asexual you see the world differently than me and you assumed thing differently than me( once again the whole projection thing).

I mean I see the world for the point of view of someone who feel sexual attraction and you from someone who doesn't so I guess it's normal for you to put a big ? when talking about someone sexual orientation?

It's just a guess since I can't possibly know how asexuals people see the world.
Yes, but it's multiple choice so people could pick as many as they wanted. If you consider that not everyone will pick only one option, perhaps the 2-4 they like to play, then it's not terribly indicative of orientation. Just my take, anyhow.
Wait, this poll allow multiple choice??? I thought you could only have one?

edit: I just check, you can choose 8 options so yeah everything I say about the poll is...well....crap, because I thought you could only have one vote :oops:, sorry. :mrgreen:
Well, time to tell those forums about Winter Wolves! Spread the word. :D But yes, BxB is not necessarily the same as yaoi, and there is also BL and bara, etc. Just shortened to make it easier, but I guess BxB is more of an umbrella term. /shrug
yeah, the term yaoi make some people run away and none of the WW's BxB romance feel like yaoi so that's why i don't think it should be call yaoi.

User avatar
iWeasle
Woods ranger
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:49 am

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by iWeasle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:58 pm

daikiraikimi wrote:rather than just fetishizing robots or aliens.
I would just like to say, wanting romancible robots does not necessarily equate to fetishizing them :P . I simply think AI's are awesome, and that it would be fun to have a character that falls in love with one, especially since I consider a full AI to be the same as any other type of person.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 14698
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by jack1974 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:00 am

There'll be Diana/Lucius in PSCD :)

Matenshi
Young scout
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:11 am

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by Matenshi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 am

jack1974 wrote:And in the upcoming games, beside SOTW, Nicole yuri and the still unnamed yuri-exclusive dating sim, there are yuri romances in all games (Roger Steel, Spirited Heart 2, Amber's Magic Shop).

So I think you can stay safe regarding yuri! :lol:
Miakoda wrote:Not to mention Planet Stronghold 2 will have yuri romances, and I can guarantee PSCD.
+ Undead Lily

What about C14 Dating and Queen of Thieves? You're going to make yuri versions of those, right? :D

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 14698
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by jack1974 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:11 am

For those two I don't know yet, since both C14 writer and artist are going to work on Spirited Heart 2 first. There could be a yuri version of C14 but if it happens won't be out anytime soon. As for Queen Of Thieves I need to solve some issues with artists and/or think how to do that game (might go for a more gameplay oriented game since there are plenty of story-based games in the works).

User avatar
Sylrissa
Druid
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am
Location: Australia

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by Sylrissa » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:32 am

jack1974 wrote:For those two I don't know yet, since both C14 writer and artist are going to work on Spirited Heart 2 first. There could be a yuri version of C14 but if it happens won't be out anytime soon..
We've waited this long for the yuri path of Nicole, so I'm used to it :lol: . I would be overjoyed to know there was going to be a confirmed yuri version at all Jack, I'd happily wait longer, rather then it not existing at all.

Post Reply