ultimate romance poll!

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what kind of romance you'd like to see / play ?

You may select up to 8 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I know, but I'll be able to tell it only after SH2 is finished, and that will take a while. We're talking about 2016-2017 here :lol: (crazy to think so far away in the future...!).
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Well it's good to plan out the future as well!
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

iWeasle wrote:
daikiraikimi wrote:rather than just fetishizing robots or aliens.
I would just like to say, wanting romancible robots does not necessarily equate to fetishizing them :P . I simply think AI's are awesome, and that it would be fun to have a character that falls in love with one, especially since I consider a full AI to be the same as any other type of person.
Yes-- my full quote was this:
daikiraikimi wrote:In any case, experience has showed me that people on these forums are generally more accepting of gender and sexual diversity than other places, so it makes more sense to me that this is a mark of openness rather than just fetishizing robots or aliens.
In response to someone claiming that they chose the asexual/transgender options because they just wanted to get with aliens and robots. This quote especially applies for the robots, because they were included in the asexual section-- so the robot does not experience physical attraction to the player. My point was, I felt that the voting demonstrated openness to a relationship without sex, instead of people who wanted to have sex with robots choosing that option primarily.

Same with the trans/genderqueer option. I felt this meant people were open to/accepting of non-binary romances, not just that people had a fetish for futa. There is a difference between actually not being judgmental and just thinking something is hot-- and jack's games explore characters as people, in a thoughtful and sensitive way, so I feel it *is* more about acceptance in our community rather than straight up fetish fuel. (Not that there is anything wrong with having fetishes-- but there is a difference between when you treat a *character* or a *person* as purely fetish instead of actually treating them like a whole person who happens to align with your tastes.)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

daikiraikimi wrote:
iWeasle wrote:
daikiraikimi wrote:rather than just fetishizing robots or aliens.
I would just like to say, wanting romancible robots does not necessarily equate to fetishizing them :P . I simply think AI's are awesome, and that it would be fun to have a character that falls in love with one, especially since I consider a full AI to be the same as any other type of person.
Yes-- my full quote was this:
daikiraikimi wrote:In any case, experience has showed me that people on these forums are generally more accepting of gender and sexual diversity than other places, so it makes more sense to me that this is a mark of openness rather than just fetishizing robots or aliens.
In response to someone claiming that they chose the asexual/transgender options because they just wanted to get with aliens and robots. This quote especially applies for the robots, because they were included in the asexual section-- so the robot does not experience physical attraction to the player. My point was, I felt that the voting demonstrated openness to a relationship without sex, instead of people who wanted to have sex with robots choosing that option primarily.

Same with the trans/genderqueer option. I felt this meant people were open to/accepting of non-binary romances, not just that people had a fetish for futa. There is a difference between actually not being judgmental and just thinking something is hot-- and jack's games explore characters as people, in a thoughtful and sensitive way, so I feel it *is* more about acceptance in our community rather than straight up fetish fuel. (Not that there is anything wrong with having fetishes-- but there is a difference between when you treat a *character* or a *person* as purely fetish instead of actually treating them like a whole person who happens to align with your tastes.)
Oh, okay. Yes, we have a wonderfully accepting community :) .
Reina.miyu
Young scout

Post by Reina.miyu »

I've seen yuri versions of your games, buuuut I'm wondering, do you plan (yes, plan, 'cuz basically I know you've got your hands full with all the upcoming games lol) to make any male x male game? Or at least a yaoi version like how you did with yuri?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Tsk tsk you're not paying attention! :) I am indeed making a yaoi only dating sim. All art should be finished in February 2015, and the writing hopefully not to far from that date.
Check those threads:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3385
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3384
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

fabulaparva wrote:Looking at the results of this poll so far--- Does it strike interesting to anyone else in addition to moi, that the heterosexual romance playing as the opposite gender is the least favourite for both female and male players?

EDIT: Typing this as a player who plays all the above options as long and the story/characters are intriguing enough.
I can only speak for myself (as a M that plays M or F characters about equally), but I am far more picky about the hetero romance partner when playing as the opposite gender. I've done it sometimes, but it requires a really appealing character, whereas I'm more willing to experiment with the M+F or F+F options. I think the last F+M I romanced in a Winter Wolves game was Tom in Planet Stronghold. (That's not to say there aren't appealing M characters in later WW games, just the ones I've liked have typically been M+M only. Looking at you Draco and Riley. :( )

Also, you guys might be over-interpreting the impact of jack's post. I didn't even know he had descriptions for the options until after I voted, and I wonder how many other people did the same.
Melandrhild
Young scout

Post by Melandrhild »

Hetero female here, I prefer play a female and romance a male, but if I don't like the male characters enough I'll go for the Girl x Girl.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I might do more games with male protagonists in future, since it seems is quite popular on Steam. Of course the best is trying to offer both genders :)
Of the games I've made, only 3 have male protagonist (Summer Session, Bionic Heart 1 and 2, even if the second has multiple PoVs).
All the others have female or both genders :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I notice there is one option missing which applies to me:
I am male, but often enough I play as a female in an RPG, but with no intention/expectation of going through a romance plot. (Not with winterwolves, there the romance plot is more of the main attraction...)

But otherwise: quite interesting poll.