my games on GoG.com

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: my games on GoG.com

Post by Franka »

Hatoful Boyfriend is the kind of game that automatically generates traffic. Not that I think that (most) of your games shouldn't be on GOG, but anybody would be crazy to pass up on Hato.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes obviously, indeed my point wasn't that they shouldn't put that game, but more like their replies to me "your game is not a good fit for our target market". Then they go to put a pigeon dating sim :lol: when I have RPG games that were moderately successful (Loren/PS1) even on Steam.
senhua1980
Young scout

Post by senhua1980 »

Franka wrote:Hatoful Boyfriend is the kind of game that automatically generates traffic. Not that I think that (most) of your games shouldn't be on GOG, but anybody would be crazy to pass up on Hato.
If you said Hatoful automatically generates traffic. I do not want to imagine what kind of traffic will be generate if GOG release BIG Quality VN's like " Higurashi when they cry , Steins;gate, Clannard, etc. I wonder WHY they still do not release that. Maybe GOG consumer like "unusual" little VN?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It might be just a high-level agreement, it happens. Like the publisher of that game convinced Gog/Steam to carry them. I know Clannad is going to come to Steam though, so probably GoG will follow :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

senhua1980 wrote:If you said Hatoful automatically generates traffic. I do not want to imagine what kind of traffic will be generate if GOG release BIG Quality VN's like " Higurashi when they cry , Steins;gate, Clannard, etc. I wonder WHY they still do not release that. Maybe GOG consumer like "unusual" little VN?
Not much traffic at all, I would think. Hatoful has the quirky catch of "pigeon dating", it has a legendary Let's Play spreading the word for years, and is actually something very, very different from what it looks like at first glance. It appeals to a much broader audience than regular VN players, though people used to VNs will take more from it than others (and may well hate it for what it does).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

They rejected Loren again, so nothing has changed despite Hatoful showing up. At this point I think I'll never submit any game anymore there, and just put them on Steam :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yeah, shame, but if they just don't want your games, there's not much to do about it. Only thing that might change that is if enough people vote for you in "Requested Games" - Loren has all of 88 votes right now...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, it's OK, no problem. As said before, most of my users are happy to buy direct so they get a "DRM free download" + Steam key :)
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

It's so weird that they are rejecting your games. I buy from them a lot, as I support what they do, but sometimes they make decisions that even their own fanbase can't understand.

P.S. Maybe you can try submitting your other non VN games. Magic Stones, TV station, Boxing Manager, Supernova..etc.. Might give you a foothold to get stuff like Loren in.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't want to put those games in big portals since they use a very outdated tech (C+a very old library very likely to cause headaches), and honestly they're not representing my modern standards (are very old games).
Maybe once SOTW or the tower defense game is out they'll change their minds :wink: