Humble Weekly Bundle - Support Opensource

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
nullzero
Young scout

Re: Humble Weekly Bundle - Support Opensource

Post by nullzero »

At least the guys at Defenders Quest website state that it will be the last Adobe Air title:
Our future games will be developed with Haxe/OpenFL so that we can get true native support for Linux without having to mess with this junk.
And they seem to have a pretty thorough FAQ for linux users, and in particular linux steam users.

Also they have a linux demo to see if it works and encourage to contact them if any difficulty arises:
We HIGHLY recommend that before purchasing the game, make sure the linux demo works on your system. If it doesn't, send an email to [email protected] and tell us what's happening. We want to support as many linux distros as possible even though Adobe has made this difficult for us.
Btw, just got the bundle with an extra weight on Ren'Py, Stronghold and Magic Diary.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lars Doucet is the guy behind DQ and one of the main promoter of the bundle, so I'm sure he takes open source seriously. I know he even dual booted Win with Kubuntu yesterday :)
shot123
Young scout

Post by shot123 »

delete due to me being a fool
Last edited by shot123 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nope, is NOT the humble guys themselves - is that site of the 7 Entertainment that is scamming indie devs by buying keys in stock and then reselling. Be careful about what you write :wink:
I know Humble guys and they definitely wouldn't do any harm to indies. I can't say the same for the 7 Entertainment... I know some friends of mine are thinking about suing them for reselling their games. Besides, what they're doing is just plain illegal (you can't resell the keys!).
From what I understand, I think everyone buying from those "resellers" risks of seeing their account banned from Steam and maybe even getting sued... :roll: