FREE Games - Amazon Android App Store Sale(?)

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
P_Tigras
Druid

FREE Games - Amazon Android App Store Sale(?)

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:10 pm

I just noticed that 15 of the 16 Winter Wolves games in Amazon's Android App Store are free right now. The only one that isn't free is Loren The Amazon Princess which is $14.99. Nevertheless there's also a "Free to Play Loren The Amazon" princess as well, that, as expected, is free. It's not immediately clear to me what the difference is between them. Everything else including Planet Stronghold, Nicole, Heileen 1-3, Bionic Hearts 1&2, etc... is free.

Amazon has put a lot of android apps on sale over the past few days.

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: FREE Games - Amazon Android App Store Sale(?)

Post by jack1974 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Ah no, they're "free" in the sense that you don't pay upfront, but there are in-app purchases :oops:
On Google Play they're listed, I don't know why on Amazon they don't write clearly "this app has in-app purchases"!

P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:47 pm

jack1974 wrote:Ah no, they're "free" in the sense that you don't pay upfront, but there are in-app purchases :oops:
On Google Play they're listed, I don't know why on Amazon they don't write clearly "this app has in-app purchases"!
You may want to see if you can do anything to make that more clear. Otherwise I expect you're going to get a lot of bad reviews. In particular, "Spirited Heart Complete" appears to be taking a beating for that very reason...

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Yes I think I'm going to update all the descriptions! that's the only solution I can think of right now :)