Wikia considerations...

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Wikia considerations...

Post by jack1974 »

Well she could be the last of her kind, at least for what she knows. There are other elves around the world, Grandtree is probably one of the biggest communities but there can be others :wink: so there might be other pure druid around.
This will be explained in Tales Of Aravorn 9: The Search For The Pure Male Druid featuring Myrth! To be released in 2019!
I'm joking about this game, in case wasn't obvious :lol:
But jokes apart thanks for all the questions because makes us think about the lore and help us building a more consistent world!
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:Well she could be the last of her kind, at least for what she knows. There are other elves around the world, Grandtree is probably one of the biggest communities but there can be others :wink: so there might be other pure druid around.
Hmm...well if she's the last of her kind that she knows about than there's no point in waiting for Mr. Tall, Darken and Wooden as far as she's concerned, and why would Rei care about her pairing up with Saren? As I recall there was a big deal about her mating with Saren in Loren, although the exact details have started to blur in my mind since it's been more than 6 months since last I played.
This will be explained in Tales Of Aravorn 9: The Search For The Pure Male Druid featuring Myrth! To be released in 2019!
I'm joking about this game, in case wasn't obvious :lol:
Saren might not have been too happy about that search...
But jokes apart thanks for all the questions because makes us think about the lore and help us building a more consistent world!
That's our job as fans, to give you creative folks headac-, er help make the story as consistent as possible. :mrgreen:
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

There were a couple of reasons Rei didn't want Saren with Myrth. For one, he's human. For another, ending one the most pure druid bloodlines would be devastating to the forest elves. Though Myrth is quite capable of having "pure" children alongside mating with Saren, there are plenty of elves that would see this as a betrayal not matter what. Not only could Myrth refuse to bear anyone else's children for the sake of love, but the very chance that she might have a "non-pure" child bothers them just as much, unfortunately. They also want druids to abstain from personal relationships in general ... to remain "married to the forest," so to speak. So, they formed an understanding with the elder druids that they cannot love.

Also, I did not mean to say that Myrth is literally unique in being pure, but it sets her apart from most druids. Her bloodline is definitely one of the purest, though, which is why her family is considered the "elders" of the druids. They have the strongest bond with nature.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

One alternative to this could be Myrth's race is called druids, the originals as it were. Then elven, human, etc. magic-users who followed natural ways might have taken the name for their type of magic, calling themselves in honor of Myrth's ancestors as it were.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That can't work though because in SOTW Althea/Shea is just a "normal" (well not exactly but can't reveal much) snow elf and can be a Druid :oops: so will go with Aleema's explanation!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

I'm going through Spirited Heart and encountering some tasty tidbits in the character creation screen. However, I do have a couple minor questions. I will certainly add these to the wiki later, but if there is more information available, I will certainly include it.

The first two occurs if one is of a noble background (and your chocies lead to it).

1. There is an option where your father gets sick, and you have some choices on how to heal them. One is mention of a Druid named 'Magus' in the Northlands. I don't mind mentioning Magus in a minor bit, but is he going to have a larger role in another game? Second, do the Northlands correspond to Icesilia, or the regions we've come to know and love in Loren?

2. The second mentions your parents going to stay with cousins in Groblandia when they lose all their wealth. Will Groblandia be detailed later on the map?

Then, if one goes the farmer route for a background:

3. You may come across a choice to study under a witch. If you ask to study under the witch, it mentions an official religion of the witches being associated with the devil. Is there an official religion of witches? As for the association with the 'devil', I'm assuming that is how other people may view it (whether rightfully or wrongfully).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well let's see:
1. For now I have no plans to mention him in the games currently in development. Considering SH takes place several years after Loren (and even Amber) games, he could show up though. But for now I would just consider it a minor character. Probably is safe to say that every character that doesn't even have a sprite / image doesn't need to be included in the wiki.
2. Yes need to place it, will probably be in the lower part of the continent but still far away.
3. Differently from dark elves and demons which are somewhat accepted in society, witches are still considered badly even in SH times. I didn't develop the religion much at all (is something I want to fix in Loren 2 with Aleema's help) but for now the "religion" could be just the Dark Magic, since casting the spells might seems like a prayer for outsiders with not much knowledge of it
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Danke, thanks for the answers
jack1974 wrote: I didn't develop the religion much at all (is something I want to fix in Loren 2 with Aleema's help) but for now the "religion" could be just the Dark Magic, since casting the spells might seems like a prayer for outsiders with not much knowledge of it
*nods* Dark Magic for now :) And I won't be surprised if you don't have a surprise or two in Amber's game as well (considering her adopted step-mother Vin, after all)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Myrth is so boring, that even a discussion about her is boring

At least Lydia seems interesting
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What!? how can be a lady that can grow a flower on her hand be boring!?!? :shock: