Wikia considerations...

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: Wikia considerations...

Post by P_Tigras »

I have to say that Myrth's combat vocalizations were the most annoying in the game. That might have had something to do with why she was the mage I included in my party the least. It got to the point where I hated even hearing her voice.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sigh, so much hate for the poor Myrth :cry:
I think most people found them boring because she seemed too harmless/innocent/etc (while in reality was a good healer and decent mage). In the sequel she'll have more "personality" though, we already discussed this with Aleema.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Harmless/Innocent I'm ok with, but she came across as downright whiny during combat.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Harmless/Innocent I'm ok with, but she came across as downright whiny during combat.
Can't agree. I found the vocalizations unremarkable: neither very good nor very bad, just part of the game. And Myrth was pretty necessary as a healer anyway.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Lonestar51 wrote:
Can't agree. I found the vocalizations unremarkable: neither very good nor very bad, just part of the game. And Myrth was pretty necessary as a healer anyway.
Apparently we disagree on both issues. I did not find her necessary at all. I played the whole game on hard without her aside from the handful of times the game forced you to take her along. I much preferred having Draco, Chamby and Apo in my party. They didn't whine whenever a monster was hurt or killed.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Ouch this woman is getting a grilling! But I must admit she was far from my favorite character... Not the least... Okay she was... Sorry Myrth your Plantiness
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In the sequel, she'll transform herself into a giant Treant and stomp on the enemies! is that enough kick-ass? :lol:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Kickass yes! Wouldn't make her attractive to the eye though lol
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:In the sequel, she'll transform herself into a giant Treant and stomp on the enemies! is that enough kick-ass? :lol:
At least it would be something remarkable aborte her
Maybe I'm a little better about her, because if you ask to homo guys, they liked draco romance, Hetero girls liked rei romance and homo girls liked Kardec romance.
But its really difficult to find a hetero guy that liked myrth romance. In fact I think she was succesful among girls, só she really did not hit her primary target
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

P_Tigras wrote:Apparently we disagree on both issues. I did not find her necessary at all. I played the whole game on hard without her aside from the handful of times the game forced you to take her along. I much preferred having Draco, Chamby and Apo in my party. They didn't whine whenever a monster was hurt or killed.
Haha, everytime tactics are discussed in this forum, I notice everyone does fight in a different way than me. Apo's spells seem underwhelming, compared to the other mages. Even when playing on hard with only the base game, I rather used a thief as sniper than Apo. Whereas Myrth is the only one who could heal more than one char at a time, nearly invaluable. (Jack is evil and forced me often to fight without her, so I managed. But when available, she is on the list.)

So either I made it harder than "hard" difficulty by using her, or simply the game has reached the sweet spot where different approaches are equally viable in hard difficulty. Take your pick.

Now, to bring the thread back to the topic: How do we describe this in the Wiki? "Do whatever you want, and you will win on hard difficulty."