Wikia considerations...

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Wikia considerations...

Post by jack1974 »

Well the wiki is primarily about the lore, a sort of online codex, so don't need to talk about the game strategies/tactics, for that is better the forum since you can discuss (maybe yours was a joke and I didn't get it :mrgreen:)
But yes, a positive thing for me, was that I noticed people playing with very different strategies. Except Loren and Saren/Elenor that are irreplaceable, the others were used more or less equally.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Added a few more pages today:
http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Grob
http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Shapeshifters (so people know a bit how this works)
I tried also to add Goblins category but not sure I did it correctly :oops:
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Yesterday and today I made a few smaller updates. The only new page is Dark Magic, but otherwise only smaller additions or Rewording. (Well, I am not a native speaker, so my rewording may be suboptimal, but I hope it's still an improvement :mrgreen: ) Even Dark Magic does not have a lot of new text.

Unfortunately I won't have much time for big new additions.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is something I plan to keep updating day by day. That's the cool thing about a wiki, can be updated slowly. Maybe new users will come who will contribute too :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

You got the category fine with Goblins, Jack1974 :) Although I know you need to work on games more (and I will try to keep any further questions down to a minimum).

And I should remember to use the WIP acronym (Work in Progress).

I will also try to get back into the Loren specific information. Some of it I did remember, others I want to get the details right (such as during the Elenor/Karen interaction where she gives her the charm for grief. That would be a great addition to elvish beliefs).

At the moment, I am gleaning as much as I can from Spirited Heart :) There is some really fun stuff if one looks. I am thinking of altering some of the Triberg entries to include specific named restaurants (such as Yuza's). Of course, nothing game play specific, but more along the lines of, 'Recognized as one of the best restaurants in the region..." etc.

And you definitely have me curious about the excavation of the Golden Orb, or the Great War of Eden.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Miakoda wrote: And you definitely have me curious about the excavation of the Golden Orb, or the Great War of Eden.
Damn now I'll have to think about something for those two random event I put on SH1! :mrgreen:
Luckily that game happens many years in future so there are many empty years to fill with events :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've added the excavation of Golden Orb and the War Of Eden on the Timeline. Seems already a good starting point for another game :wink:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:I've added the excavation of Golden Orb and the War Of Eden on the Timeline. Seems already a good starting point for another game :wink:
Sounds cool. Although the War of Eden almost sounds like a war with demons and angels ;) However, 300+ years kicking around isn't to shabby for Mother Morte.

I have combed the rest of Spirited Heart, and haven't seen such other references. I will try to get the other characters, and other details such as Mgorem, etc. into the Wiki. today
Last edited by Miakoda on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well that's because for Mother Morte the Eden would be the whole continent filled of walking deads :mrgeen: She has a very particular sense of humor!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Question about Loren+N'Mar: In my last playthrough the characters like Karen or Dora would give me personal quests. I don't remember them from my Loren-only playthrough, but my memories are a bit hazy... Were they part of the original game or of the expansion? And if N'Mar, should we mention them in N'Mar page?