Estimate release dates of next games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: Estimate release dates of next games

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote:Well Breza is still "a bitch" under some aspects. But it's fun to interact with her. It's a bit like Loren the ice queen, but different. I think is an interesting romance to play from what I've read so far :)

Yes the Dingirra game is one of those, but I don't think I'll finish that one this year (all the CGs are still missing...).
A shame we won't be getting the Dingirra game this year, but it's good to hear that you have a lot of other games being worked on too!
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

This is a small quibble, but I do think it a good idea to change the "Last Updated" to the present time. Feels a bit odd seeing the date stuck back in Feb, when you've recently updated it. :lol:

And, it seems that the writing for a certain game that shall not be named is like, completely done, and after the remaining art, we are truly good to go? Because that sounds great to me! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes forgot to update the date :)
And regarding that certain game... first rule of that game: nobody talks about "that game"! :wink:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Okay, I'm probably slow on this, but what is that game y'all are talking about? Why is it cursed?
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Palmettogamer14 wrote:Okay, I'm probably slow on this, but what is that game y'all are talking about? Why is it cursed?

tl;dr it is now almost 2 or is three years after its scheduled release date the was meant to be released a few months after the otome version but what 4 writers later and maybe an artist or two...it nears...the finish line, as for the name of said game it shant be said aloud till after it is released. Seems like everytime it has been mentioned by name another 3-6 month delay happens....
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Palmettogamer14 wrote:Okay, I'm probably slow on this, but what is that game y'all are talking about? Why is it cursed?
It's a running joke sorta thing here. (I actually don't want it to come about since it would be yuri-exclusive, and I hate such games [though I have no problem w/ people who are such in real life])

And so while I don't wanna see it, since people here I consider friends do, I'll just say it starts w/ the letter "N" and rhymes w/ "icole" and there's a running joke that if it's mentioned by name development gets delayed further.
Falchion
Young scout

Post by Falchion »

It's the yuri version of Nicole. It's had a lot of problems in development that have led to it being delayed for years and nearly canceled.
BobTheMob wrote:
It's a running joke sorta thing here. (I actually don't want it to come about since it would be yuri-exclusive, and I hate such games [though I have no problem w/ people who are such in real life])

And so while I don't wanna see it, since people here I consider friends do, I'll just say it starts w/ the letter "N" and rhymes w/ "icole" and there's a running joke that if it's mentioned by name development gets delayed further.
I don't like yaoi games, but I'm happy they exist for the people who do like them and I just don't buy or play them.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Falchion wrote:
It's the yuri version of Nicole. It's had a lot of problems in development that have led to it being delayed for years and nearly canceled.
*sigh* Alright. That's the game delayed another month.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

BobTheMob wrote:
jack1974 wrote: - some writing for Loren 2's camp talk. The scenes with Selith and Breeza are great :)
Brings up something I've been meaning to say: Breeza was a total bitch in the original; why would anyone want to romance or even be around her?

Unless she's wised up by that point about how everyone's equal? (If that's a spoiler I apologize.)
Two comments about Breeza:

1) She's dedicated herself to defending and preserving the Amazon way of life and doesn't really question the values of the culture in which she was raised. As far as Breeza (and many other Amazons are concerned) any true Amazon would kill themselves before accepting a life of slavery the way Elenor did. So she feels a degree of contempt for Elenor's "weakness". As for Saren, she was raised to believe that men were not only inferior but that it was a sign of weakness to fall in love with one. She's internalized that men need to be kept firmly in their subservient place so they don't do something stupid like try to take over.

2) I recall it being said at one point on this forum that Breeza was romantically interested in Loren herself, but that Loren was totally oblivious. Thus she very likely wished that Amazon law didn't prevent her from proving her devotion and joining Loren on her quest. This would have made her jealous of the MC and envious of every bit of respect and affection that Loren showed someone "inferior" by Amazonian cultural standards like the MC in her presence.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today's update:
- Cursed Lands writing made a big jump! The game is now already 165k words, and there are still some parts left to write (some romance scenes, some big boss battles and main plot scenes). The final game could very likely be around 200k words. YES ANOTHER SMALL GAME (tm). However I really like how it turned out so far. The "talents system" should be fun (you can use specific talent to change the course of the battle. I'll make a blog post about it in next weeks).
- Love Bites, I started coding the game (as you probably have seen). It's not a particularly hard task but I am in "planning mode", since this game won't have any stat raising, and I want the game to have just one mode. No point in doing a VN mode, when basically the scheduler will just be a planner but without the need to "reach 50 creativity to romance character Y". Many people will be happy about this :lol: Still based on which jobs/activities you pick, the story/romance will change. There are also some... unique endings you can get, if you make Brandon or Kaitlyn too much "angry". OOps I've already said enough for now!!