favorite art style

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

which art style do you prefer?

You may select up to 3 options

View results

DunKalar
Woods ranger

Re: favorite art style

Post by DunKalar »

I think that a "professional" CG with such a intense and realistic colouring will benefit the CG. Especially since it is a thing many of yoour players hunt for :)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm necro-resurrecting this thread! :lol:
I got contacted by the Dead But Alive artist (that game I published 2-3 years ago). I am of course not doing ANY new games now, I will first finish everything. So this is just for my own curiosity, what people think of such style? His portfolio is here:
https://www.behance.net/PePotier

personally I like it, but I also liked PSCD art, so... :mrgreen:
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Honestly it's way too real/cartoon-ish for me to like it. And I think most fans of manga style would agree.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

I like it although I'd probably only use it if I was trying to evoke a comic book style/atmosphere to my game.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

jack1974 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:22 am I'm necro-resurrecting this thread! :lol:
I got contacted by the Dead But Alive artist (that game I published 2-3 years ago). I am of course not doing ANY new games now, I will first finish everything. So this is just for my own curiosity, what people think of such style? His portfolio is here:
https://www.behance.net/PePotier

personally I like it, but I also liked PSCD art, so... :mrgreen:
I like it, but I also liked the art style of your Vera Blanc visual novels. I understand the art style was a big reason why people did not buy them.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I think he would be great for a super hero game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For a superhero game I would use Undead Lily's artist though :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I wouldn't, but I'm not the one with finished games. :wink:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Dead But Alive wasn't really for me, in terms of gameplay, but I did like the art. Taking a look at Pedro Potier's art, I think his work is fairly solid and he seems to be versatile enough to change styles as needed.

While I like do like manga art, you shouldn't have to limit yourself to any particular style.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Jaeger wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:25 pm While I like do like manga art, you shouldn't have to limit yourself to any particular style.
That's true but I think if I used anything non-manga, I would automatically get a negative XX% bonus on sales just because of that (see the stats about the terrible banner clickthrough rates of PSCD I posted in forums). And it's not a good thing :oops: