favorite romance gender poll

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what kind of romance you prefer?

You may select up to 4 options

View results

SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Re: favorite romance gender poll

Post by SimonStardust »

Foelhe wrote:Yaoi does. Well, there aren't really hard and fast rules for either, and of course there are exceptions, but there are a lot of tropes in female-oriented yaoi that most gay men don't care for - seme and uke roles are a good example. I normally don't even use the word "yaoi" to describe the stuff I read, because I tend to see that as a genre for women. Though that could just be me.
This is all so true! I'm female, but in my opinion most of female-oriented yaoi is quite hilarious, awkward and unreal. I don't want to read something about uke and seme, I want to read about a real functioning relationship. Maybe because I had started writing about gay relationships long before I knew anything about yaoi/manga. ;)
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes exactly, usually GxB games are more soft (like my game Always Remember Me, that's a good example). There are GxB even in Loren though they're more "steamy" 8)
BH2 is something quite different since there's romance, but has multiple PoVs and it's more focused on the story than romance. Thanks for the support anyway and hope you'll like it :)
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

I actually have little to no preference here. As long as I like the characters and think that they work well together I will like the romance. :)
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

Mariko wrote: My sister-in-law would be quite surprised by polls like this. She's never understood the male fascination with yuri since (at least according to her) the reverse is not true for females and yaoi. Apparently her assumption is dead wrong. lol.
Has your sister-in-law never been to an anime convention? I find plenty of interest at a regular anime convention, and there's also the fact that things like Yaoi-Con exist (and have mostly women attending).
Mariko wrote:
jack1974 wrote:
Mariko wrote: Wow, It seems otome is the least Popular.
No, otome is GxB which is in third place but very close to BxB. BxG is the lowest and is not a surprise to me, since my early games were more aimed towards BxG (like Bionic Heart) and they were much less popular than others. I'm curious about BH2 indeed, even if that is not a game based only on romance but has also mystery and a cool story I think.
I didn't realize there was any significant difference between GxB or BxG. I figured they're both hetro.
I figured that, in this context, it was defined by the character you play as. However, I think the heterosexual romances are more interesting if they flip some of the standard conventions about who is pursuing, no matter who the player character is.
Hoosha
Young scout

Post by Hoosha »

;D Just voted for BoyxBoy. Although I can appreciate romantic GxG just as long as it isn't too explicit.
theMissingMelody
Young scout

Post by theMissingMelody »

I voted for a really random Boy pursues Girl romance, lolz xD But I do support ANY kind of romance as long as the romance is strong and true, even if it's GxG or BxB ;)
I might be your Missing Melody...but I'm not so sure! XD
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Post by deathknight1728 »

I know I should be selecting one in the chart but frankly, I found this to be my least favorite thing about rpgs. I usually focus on the roleplaying, the story the characters the stats and what not. Maybe its because I doubt I will date any day soon and prefer a loner lifestyle. One of the things I like about party based games is working together. One of the things I dislike is the fact that usually there is always a character who pulls less slack. This is different in real time games like Baldurs Gate and what not. In that game, if you have more strength than another character, you contribute to more kills. Or if your a thief or mage or other ddealer char. I think thats why games like Fallout, Eschalon and The Quest sometimes favor more.

In essence, party based rpgs are more realistic but solo rpgs are just as fun, if not more. Im sorry but its a fact that groups have been known to come out alive much more often than some lunatic with a machete alone.

So yeah, I finished the romance part of Loren and even Planet Stronghold but I found that my experience was with the game itself and working together for a common goal. As long as theres that, theres a reason to be playing.
?
Fujingodofwind
Young scout

Post by Fujingodofwind »

I voted for GxG I always play as a lesbian when given the option in games lol xD
I AM THE UNICORN WIZARD!
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

BxG
GxG
lanawinst
Young scout

Post by lanawinst »

Mariko wrote:
Wow, It seems otome is the least Popular.

My sister-in-law would be quite surprised by polls like this. She's never understood the male fascination with yuri since (at least according to her) the reverse is not true for females and yaoi. Apparently her assumption is dead wrong. lol.

Of course that's not to assume that males are the only yuri fans or that females are the only yaoi fans but I do suspect that the majority of Yuri and Yaoi fans are male and female respectively.

Maybe an interesting (although not very useful) poll one be one with the following options...

Male fan of yuri

Female fan of yuri

Male fan of yaoi

Female fan of yaoi

Male fan of both

Female fan of both
I've chosen GxB as my favorite one since I don't really play the other ones, but I like that the choice to choose every option exists no matter how popular or unpopular it is.

However, I was wondering if someone considered doing the poll that Mariko suggested?

Because I suspect that there's a lot, if not more male asking for GxG than actual female. Based on my personal experience, most of the male population consider girl on girl as a huge turn on, while most girl don't feel the same with BxB (Also the reason why threesomes are automatically assumed to be 2 girls and a boy). But I'd love to be proven wrong.