favorite romance gender poll

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what kind of romance you prefer?

You may select up to 4 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: favorite romance gender poll

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I can try to setup those polls when have time. As straight male, I like GxG romances for sure, but speaking around I think there are more girls liking BxB than you'd think. Not sure if same amount as male liking yuri, but not small either:)
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

There is a huge amount of females interested in BxB and very passionately so.

Just look at the success of Nitro+Chiral games and the massive fandom following they have. Each of their games is a big franchise of its own, with multiple adaptations and they don't shy away from controversial or explicit material either.
lanawinst
Young scout

Post by lanawinst »

I don't doubt that girls enjoy playing BxB too, probably for the same reason straight guys like GxG. For the eye candy. And I probably would enjoy it too. I don't play it mainly because I like to play as a girl, since it's easier for me to relate to the MC, and also because I'm so fed up of being ignored as a female gamer, and having to play as a man in nearly every game out there that I just don't bother with a game with a male protagonist, unless the game is too awesome to pass up and I don't have a choice in the matter.

I just question the real amount and I'm quite curious about the ratio here, and why GxG is so much higher than BxB. Is it because there were way more male voting for GxG than female voting for BxB? Or maybe female voted for every category, since we are generally more used to play as something we are not and are more used to adapt to who the MC is than straight males who sometimes, well, you know... freak out.

So yep, a poll would be great.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just made the ULTIMATE ROMANCE POLL!!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3425
I think I have covered all options this time :mrgreen:
Sandra
Young scout

Post by Sandra »

Yuri couples are the best in the game. I like the yaoi couples too :D they are just much more romantic than all general hetero couples.
Angra Jahika
Young scout

Post by Angra Jahika »

Sandra wrote:Yuri couples are the best in the game. I like the yaoi couples too :D they are just much more romantic than all general hetero couples.
I agree completely. :3
Ciruela
Young scout

Post by Ciruela »

Nya i love Yaoi :3
it's also ok with yuri/hetero but i prefer yaoi. *-* it's too romantic .. my heart ... hehe :D
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

Boy x Boy has ten more votes than Girl x Boy XD yey?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but this is an old poll, I think the other one is better: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3425
Since people can also be more specific if they're male/female players, etc.
Anyway even in that other poll the BxB option is 16%, so quite good. The GxG is 28% :lol: