App versions?

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Fearsome
Young scout

App versions?

Post by Fearsome »

Are there any app versions of the Mac games? My friend has an Ipad she wants to install them on. :roll:
Anima_
Druid

Re: App versions?

Post by Anima_ »

Our current engine does not support iOS, but Jack is working on porting some of the games to a different engine that does support it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes correctly, have no clue when it will be ready but is at good point. It works also on HTML5 so I'll be able to offer the games from my own site to play with the iPad, without need to use itunes at all :wink:
Though in any case you can forget about the RPGs, sadly. Porting them to the new engine would be a huge effort and require full testing from scratch :oops: In a few years because of the various appstores I might be forced to leave Ren'Py for some other cross-platform engine like Monkeycoder, since I'm pretty sure a game like Loren wouldn't be accepted because of the "adult content" present in it. And since I still want to be free to do what I want, sadly will have to do the switch :(
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

I mostly wanted her to be able to play Spirited Heart, and Winter in Fairbrook, I was willing to buy a separate app version if needed... ^^;
She's gonna be stuck in New York through the end of spring semester at the earliest, helping her family, so I thought they might be some cheer when she's offline for long chunks of time.