Jack- You're making me broke.

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Fearsome
Young scout

Jack- You're making me broke.

Post by Fearsome » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:52 pm

I love this Xmas deal- just bought Loren(and expansion), both the Flowershop games, Cinder, and am debating getting Stronghold.

Question for stronghold- I see a strategy guide as a bundlepack- how needed is the strategy guide? I've run a bit tight now, so yeah... ^^; Whups.

For that matter, is there someplace we can sign up to beta Spirited Heart 2? When that comes closer to coming out?

(Also, for Spirited Heart, can I just use my email again for unlocking it when I get the new computer or is it locked since I installed it on the laptop and the desktop already?)

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Jack- You're making me broke.

Post by jack1974 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Haha sorry for making you broke! :mrgreen:
About the strategy guide unless you want the 4 exclusive weapons, you don't need it to win, since you can choose the difficulty level, and at Easy level should be no problem.
Spirited Heart 2 is still a LOOOOOONG way before it goes in beta, not earlier than next Summer for sure, so there's time. But I usually just announce when the beta test starts for any new game in the social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+) and in the newsletter/blog posts, so you won't miss it :)
You can use the email without problems on the new computer.

Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Sweet! Sounds grand! And I may pony up for it after all. I'll see how much time Loren eats up. (Estimate- all of it!)

I'll see if my friend is interested in doing a let's play of Loren, she does them about once a month and if I get her hooked on it when she sets up my new desktop, it should be no trouble to get her to do it. :D Only 2k followers though. So it's not huge. ^^;

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:18 pm

2k followers is not bad actually! :)

Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:26 pm

I have almost 1k on Tumblr and for a while was well onto 2k, so I didn't know 2k was big for Youtube which has a bigger user base. That's cool though. :D
Cara doesn't do let's play but she's got closer to 40k followers... ^^; So I never know what's "big". Most of my friends tend to have more followers than I could dream of having most of the time.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Well I am not really expert of youtube, surely there are people with 500k followers or more, but they probably never touch indie games, so... 2k would be cool already for me :)

Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:31 am

Whelp, I now bought everything that I had really had strong interest in, and now it's going to be a matter of trying to find time for them all. :lol: :oops:

I'll probably write up another review and do a give away of some Charm bracelets/ Fannish Gear for anyone that tries the Demo and does a Review on one of the three games, ;) So we'll see if we can get some cross-fandom fun here. Wish more Boy-love was in Spirited Heart, but the Girl-Love should appeal to most of my Glee Followers, and a good lot of the rest. :mrgreen:

Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:12 am

Fearsome wrote:Whelp, I now bought everything that I had really had strong interest in, and now it's going to be a matter of trying to find time for them all. :lol: :oops:
:mrgreen:
I know the feeling, and while I prefer the girl's love stories, I would like to see just as much boy's love around too.

Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 am

I could get 500+ people here tomorrow if Spirited Heart had a boy protagonist option. I am not even joking.
Really good Yuri I can probably get 10-20 click throughs solo... Boys love with that adorable style? half my followers would not let the whole photo collage go past before clicking the links. Not even joking.

As it is when I get around to playing Lorren I plan to screenshot some of the hotter stuff for tempting my friend into playing and probably doing a Let's Play on it.

Also, if he did a Detective style game, where you have to figure out a series of murders? And have love interests like Faithful Blogger/Writer Friend/Neighbor, Handsome and Mature Detective, Suave and Villainous male Arch Nemisis who treats you like an equal despite being female... that means he doesn't pull his punches- and offers to become partners, in every sense of the word...

And then a few Yuri options like Fiery and disdainful police woman that warms up to you over time, Sweet girl that helps do research for you, maybe a sexually charged and aggressive woman who flusters you at every turn then corrupts you into her bed?

That could sell like no other- I could just go "Hey, Sherlockians! Girl!Sherlock AU as an otome game." And 50-100k people would crash the damn site after my friends reblogged it. XD

But that's probably far too niche for Jack to ever make it.

Though- it has appeal on a broader sense as I seldom (read have never) see ANY murder mystery games that aren't those frigging cheesy "Search and Find" games... so annoying, those.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks for the suggestions :) it's not like I never considered those options, but that takes lots of time :lol: and I have already planned lots of stuff to do for the next 2 years. But will try to add more yuri/yaoi options on future games for sure.
As for mystery, I really suck at it, but if one of the writers feels could do that, sure. But is much harder to write I think, than a regular story or romance plot. At least that's my impression!