game soundtracks

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

would you like to have an option to preorder a deluxe version of a VN /DS with extra content ?

You may select 1 option

74%
26%

Total votes: 57

jack1974
Pack leader

game soundtracks

Post by jack1974 »

So I have a question. Some of you like the song of the games, but so far I used (for money reasons :oops:) mostly royalty free soundtracks. However I'm thinking to have a custom soundtrack for future games, offering them as separate downloads for pre-ordering the games, and then sell them separately after it's done. This is something I couldn't do before with royalty free tracks because of licensing issues. I was planning something similar to what Introversion is doing, offering some kind of deluxe pre-order with more content (wallpapers, soundtrack, and so on).

My question is: for games like the RPGs, I have no doubt people would like to have that option (I've got many requests already). But for the other games ? For a visual novel or dating sim like Heileen 3 for example, would people be interested as well ? I'm asking because I'm not sure if the fanbase of those games is as much dedicated as it is the RPG one :mrgreen:
Pakuska
Young scout

Re: game soundtracks

Post by Pakuska »

Wallpapers would be very cool... I always enjoy them. Aslong as they are fancy smancy. And not like... just a CG of the game. (which tend to be a bit more dull if you get what I mean. >.<) Although.. maybe it would be cool to have all the scenes as a .zip file with the game. Just because some scene's can look cool. o.o *shrug*
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well wallpapers can be very big, so higher resolution than what you see in the game (I still don't dare making full 1920x1080 games). I might have some extra exclusive images though. For example in Bionic Heart 2 I might have some sexy exclusive images with the characters, not seen in the story :wink:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Well Jack already knows my stance on this topic, but I'll copy pasta over my reply from earlier so it's in the new thread.

I believe I mentioned this before, but art book and soundtrack are the first two things I look for when a game has an deluxe/collectors whatever else companies choose to rename the fancy version these days
and I'll usually stick with just the base game if it doesn't come with one, but that's just speaking for myself.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Well wallpapers can be very big, so higher resolution than what you see in the game (I still don't dare making full 1920x1080 games). I might have some extra exclusive images though. For example in Bionic Heart 2 I might have some sexy exclusive images with the characters, not seen in the story :wink:
Having them down to what is necessary in game is totally fine, though I would like to have full high quality 1920x1080 ones if I pre-ordered a deluxe version, and exclusive images is a great idea, and I often see similar in limited edition art books I have from others

oh and I seem to be posting to often tonight, your forum doesn't like me :oops: :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sylrissa wrote:oh and I seem to be posting to often tonight, your forum doesn't like me :oops: :lol:
Why, the forum is slow for you? I think in this moment updates the statistics so might lag a bit... or maybe I need to upgrade server again :mrgreen:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:
Sylrissa wrote:oh and I seem to be posting to often tonight, your forum doesn't like me :oops: :lol:
Why, the forum is slow for you? I think in this moment updates the statistics so might lag a bit... or maybe I need to upgrade server again :mrgreen:
Nah. The forum is fine at the moment, it just told me that I had to wait before I could post more, because I was posting too much
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh ok, yes that is the antispam measure, no worries :lol:
Kamach
Young scout

Post by Kamach »

Oh gods! I could tell you a horror tale involving my HoG (Hidden Object Game) addicted mother and the numerous phone calls for me to get over and "fix" her computer, whereas I needed to restore the desktop wallpaper. Some games are rather forceful about this, while some people are rather ... uh... naive, clicking pretty looking stuff and then panicking as their favorite desktop is no longer the same as before.

Due to these traumatic experiences I am voting NAY. But that is not going to stop you, anyway, so I beg you to do it in the least harmful way. :cry:

EDIT: Uh, this is just separate content for preorders? Do ignore my ramblings. Defensive mechanism.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it would be a separate "deluxe" edition, you can still get the normal one. Also the wallpapers would be just images, nothing automatic :)