Why are Winter Wolves games so expensive?

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
susan12
Young scout

Why are Winter Wolves games so expensive?

Post by susan12 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 am

I've been meaning to buy both the Flowershop games, but the 19.99 prices killS me....So, my question is, why are the games made by Winter Wolves so expensive ( is due to time it takes to make them or something?). Sorry if this has been asked before, but its been on my mind lately.

Susan.

iPhone App Development
Last edited by susan12 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Why are Winter Wolves games so expensive?

Post by jack1974 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:31 am

"so expensive" is relative. Depends compared to what. Compared to iPhone games for sure :lol:
There has been a race to the bottom recently in the games industry that I think ultimately will lead to lots of people unable to work anymore on new games/going bankrupt. I don't make match3 or hidden object games but I always try to make something new - but is risky, and that's why I price it higher. I could have worse art, texts, not test the games and sell them for $4.99 but I think people prefer to pay more for better games than pay cheap for poorly done stuff.

Anyway anyone can have his own opinion, but if you follow me on twitter/facebook or are subscribed to my newsletter I make VERY OFTEN promo sales with discounts up to 50-60% so you all need to do is wait. Actually I had a sale for flower shop games just a few months ago :)

wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 am

:3
Personal fangirl buyer customer oppinion:
Cause the games are totally worth it <3

@Jack: 50-60 % discount? Good thing I got the newsletter :3 *didn't knew* Then I can bully my sis into finally BUYING HER OWN DAMN COPY instead of hooking my pc everytime she's around for a visit.

Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 am

wildcard wrote::3
Personal fangirl buyer customer oppinion:
Cause the games are totally worth it <3
Pretty much this, I think Jack has a few fangirl customers like us. :lol:
However I understand if the price is too much for some people, money might be tight, and you're just careful with your purchases, maybe a lack of disposable funds. As Jack said you can always wait until he has one of his sales and pick it up for 9.99?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

Just to clarify by "very often" I don't mean once a month :lol: but usually for the major US and non-US festivities (Thanksgiving, 4th July, Christmas, etc).

wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am

That's more than once a year => very often.
And isn't Thanksgiving just around the corner?

My main problem with the WW games was... I didn't just buy just one game even thought I knew money was tight that month *whistles innocently*
It's the games fault. They are so evil seducing good and addicting.
... Why does it feel like I'm talking about Chambara in the last sentence? XD

John Smith
Young scout

Post by John Smith » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm

How do I subscribe to the newsletter?

wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

On the main page (www.winterwolves.com) there is the option to put in your e-mail and 'Subscribe!' on the left side of the page :)

Gerulo
Young scout

Post by Gerulo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 am

Not really sure, but game prices will depend on how much developers spent on making the game. Along with how much the producer spend to publish it.

Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am

Winter Wolves is an indie company that works primarily in a niche genre. That's the long and short of it. Supporting small business will always be more expensive, just as anything good for you is. :P