WinterWolves Comolete Edition Physical Copy

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
John Smith
Young scout

WinterWolves Comolete Edition Physical Copy

Post by John Smith »

I was wondering if it would be possible using crowd sourcing to create a physical copy compilation of all winter wolves. Using indiegogo.com or kickstarter.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: WinterWolves Comolete Edition Physical Copy

Post by jack1974 »

Well I never thought about this, and I'm not sure how it would be sold - even with a Kickstarter there are production / shipping costs for a CD / DVD and also I wouldn't like to put all my games there (in particular the new ones).
I think I'd prefer to do a crowdfunding for a future game to be able to offer it at lower price maybe :)
John Smith
Young scout

Post by John Smith »

You could create 2 versions one the standard version which has most of the games and pc,linux and mac versions included and a deluxe version which has all the games. Something similar to this http://www.hanakogames.com/cds.shtml
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I know my friend Georgina does those CDs - actually I have some people selling my games on CD at the anime conventions. Maybe can ask them if they could be interested in shipping CD too :)
But the games on CD are actually the same you get with downloads, and if it's for the price, I often make discount/promo sales (in practice almost at any festivity - Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th July, and so on).
John Smith
Young scout

Post by John Smith »

Download versions don't have the same feel as the physical copies. Plus I like to put them in my shelves. Its kinda like physical copies of manga and books you just can't get the same feel from the digital versions.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah ok I see what you mean, I agree :) I even thought to make some retail deluxe versions with extra stuff like booklets with a mini-story or a printed map of the games (of course this would work only for some games). If there's enough people that would like that I could do it, my only problem is that I need to ask friends in US, since shipping costs from here in Europe are really high :oops:
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

... If I get a 'booklet' holding the artworks of games like Loren, I'd totally DEMAND A PHYSICAL COPY. But then again I've got the advantage that I'm only up a bit north :3
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Ah ok I see what you mean, I agree :) I even thought to make some retail deluxe versions with extra stuff like booklets with a mini-story or a printed map of the games (of course this would work only for some games). If there's enough people that would like that I could do it, my only problem is that I need to ask friends in US, since shipping costs from here in Europe are really high :oops:
If you made a collectors/deluxe whatever edition of your games, I would re-buy that in a heartbeat, but then I'm a real sucker for collectable goodies, artprints/books and sound tracks especially. I don't know how many others share that feeling though, plus shipping to Australia and all.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I know some other indie friends do that - but honestly I wouldn't have time to do that myself (I'm having hard time to keep up with all the games!). It would be cool if there was some kind of online service that does it, but I don't think that exists (I mean you can print CD or small booklets already, but not package both in a single dvd jewel-case in small quantities I think).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Actually doing a quick search I just found a service like that :lol: well, when I have time might try to do something like that then! (not anytime soon though :oops:)