Updates on Games Already started

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Jim1958
Young scout

Updates on Games Already started

Post by Jim1958 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi, Maybe this is opening a can of worms but there are some games that you have been working on that have hit snags and I was wondering about them.

Tower of Destiny - I believe the original intent for this game was to make a dungeon crawler in 3D and then there were programming issues.

Undead Lily - Seems to have stalled.

Queen of Thieves - Ditto

I imagine you will be taking a break from RPG games for awhile but any of these three games might be nice to see in the future. I really think the "Tower of Destiny" game would be interesting. An old time dungeon crawler where someone wakes up, not knowing who they are with only a skull for a companion and strange information tattooed on their back. Whoops sounds like Torment to me. LOL I can only imagine if Aleema wrote it that we wouldn't have to go get ourselves killed to find redemption, and that we'd be able to date Grace.

Best Regards
Jim

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Updates on Games Already started

Post by jack1974 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Jim1958 wrote:Tower of Destiny - I believe the original intent for this game was to make a dungeon crawler in 3D and then there were programming issues.
Yes, though the same coder who did the first version of the 3d crawler engine is now back, and he is confident he can finish the project this time. In this case, it's more about finding the right moment (he's an old friend of mine) when we both don't have any other major projects going on!
Jim1958 wrote:Undead Lily - Seems to have stalled.
I might "outsource" this game completely to another friend of mine so it could be out sooner, but have to wait for his reply. I also need to get some art, some backgrounds are still missing. It would be a very light RPG though, not like Loren! more like a raising sim for superheroes+battles with light RPG elements.
Jim1958 wrote:Queen of Thieves - Ditto
In this case the artist has gone missing since LAST YEAR :o Only the romance scenes are missing though, so worse case I'll hire someone else to make them. I still have to design the whole gameplay though, and since it's not going to be a simple game, I'm not sure.
Jim1958 wrote:I imagine you will be taking a break from RPG games for awhile but any of these three games might be nice to see in the future.
Yes after Loren+expansion is done I would like to relax, also PS sequel will be the next project (since have almost all the art). So in theory a possible release schedule would be:
APRIL: Loren RPG
MAY: some VN/Dating sim? not sure
JUNE/JULY: Loren Expansion
AUG/SEP/OCT/NOV: maybe some other smaller game, not sure yet
DEC: Planet Stronghold Warzone (?) for this game will mainly depend on the writer, which will be Aleema as well. If she works like she's doing right now might be out much sooner, though maybe after Loren expansion is out, she might want to take a moment to relax as well :mrgreen:

MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 am

Don't forget about the Roommate game :wink:

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 am

If I can find a new writer, that might be one of the VN/DS games released this year :)

MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Lost the writer! Did you look under the desk? lol Sorry in one of my moods today :)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Heh, if was so easy as as to just look under the desk, would be a minor problem :wink:

pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 pm

That sucks on the Roommate front. What about Nicole or Amber's Magic Shop if I might ask? I'll admit I'm also waiting for Undead Lily, but I knew you were throwing it on the back burner until after Loren & PStrong2 were out so I'm still holding out hope for 2013. Wooo. Oh yeah and you have Heileen 3 pushing along further than Bionic Heart 2...you really do keep a bunch of pots stirring at once don't you?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Well the main "problem" was Loren, because I had to devote 100% of my time to it. Now luckily there's only the last chapter, and the storyboard for it is all done, so should be more relaxing. The storyboard for the expansion is also done, maybe will add a few more scenes/quests to make it longer, but is at good point, so I need "only" to code it while Aleema writes it (still probably 2 months of work).
Anyway, I think once Loren + expansion are out I might be going back to my usual release speed :) In tomorrow's blog post will write a sort of progress status of the other various projects.

pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 am

I'll look forward to the blog post. Also, if you need a Roommate writer is there anyway I can pass the information along? I know someone who is definitely interested in writing for games and has experience with college and would like to try out for the position if it's available.

Now I'm going to trot back to beating up critters in Loren.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:52 am

Yes sure, if you know someone feel free to tell him/her :) as long as it's a reliable person like Aleema (I tried cloning her, but I wasn't successful :lol:)