How to improve my games?

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

Let's say you could decide what extras to add to a finished game. It would be more valuable for you:

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: How to improve my games?

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I see what you mean. To be fair, while the artist I used comes from a "certain background"...(hentai stuff) and it shows, it was only my fault, since for example he did art for Amber Magic Shop and apart the main character, when I told him to draw girls more conservatively dressed, he did it just fine (might post some images later).
About Loren, I got also many comments about how nice is the art from males (just they don't post so much in forums lol), and some funny situations were the wife was playing in the "modest" mode while the husband in the "sexy" mode :mrgreen: And I saw the appreciation for Rei's butt from many females here!
But the main problem wasn't much the ending CGs - but the fact that the characters would be scantily dressed the whole game. I think just changing that would have been enough, since the ending CGs are completely optional and can be skipped. I wouldn't want to eliminate even the sexy CG honestly, since a bit of sexy stuff as reward for a romance I think is nice?

Anyway for future games no worry - I now know how to deal with this , and in any case I'll consult more often my loyal advisor Aleema that can stop me from committing foolish acts :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

here it is, just to show that the artist is capable also of drawing cute/sexy girls without being vulgar :mrgreen:
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

She's cute. The artist can draw some attractive stuff, but he has a few problems outside of skimpy clothes/big boobs. Such as with expressions - they weren't subtle, and they didn't fit with the sprite style, at least in LorenRPG's sprites. Amukiki's original "happy" face will haunt me forever, and don't forget I had to alter his face to look human in the first place. :P And while Rei's CG is attractive, that's because he was completely covered up until then. Same with Draco. They had bulky cloaks the whole time with only their face available to oggle, and Rei's face was the only conventionally attractive one in the beginning before I got my hands on Amukiki. And I know the same thing is happening with Amber's Magic Shop (their faces are attractive, however). Yet this girl isn't wearing heavy robes, but the boys are? :( You do see how that's backwards, right?

What I'm saying is that this artist needs a woman to preview his every design, not another man. Especially if he's drawing for otome. Left unchecked between two straight men, you'll get something designed for men rather than women, and that's not fair for LorenRPG, and just plain wrong for Amber's Magic Shop.
Last edited by Aleema on Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes the expressions are his weak spot for sure :lol: I still remember Amukiki "happy face" before your divine intervetion ROFL
Aleema wrote:What I'm saying is that this artist needs a woman to preview his every design, not another man. Especially if he's drawing for otome. Left unchecked between two straight men, you'll get something designed for men rather than women, and that's not fair for LorenRPG, and just plain wrong for Amber's Magic Shop.
About Amber, while some CGs are already done, I can fix the sprites at least adding another set of boys with less clothes on (not naked torso, but to match Lynn/Amber style more). I can have "work clothes" and "casual clothes". Yes I think will do that as soon as the artist has time to work on those sprites again, thanks for the suggestion.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Thanks. :)
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Aleema once again didn't leave me much to say.
My suggestion would be an apron, something solid in green. Maybe with the shops sign on it.
Both alchemist and herbalists have good reasons for wearing them and you can see immediately what their profession is.
Do you still want to use this design for Amber?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anima_ wrote: Do you still want to use this design for Amber?
That design was "covered up" and boobs size reduced by Aleema :oops: but I have also in mind to use it ONLY for the dating scenes, since you might expect a woman to maybe dress like that to seduce a men on a date, but while she is in the shop, most of the game time, I'll have the artist draw a proper alchemist dress, so should make more sense :lol:
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Sounds good :)
Josep Maria
Young scout

Post by Josep Maria »

Really beautiful ;)
velf79
Young scout

Post by velf79 »

She's lovely, but yeah I agree, the cleavage is a bit OTT and needs an edit. Skirt is fine for dating but if she has a skirt for her work clothes then it needs to be longer or she will be flashing customers! Then again, maybe that's her sales technique? :lol: