what I'm working on next

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: what I'm working on next

Post by jack1974 »

So time for another update! The At Your Feet KS has ended, and I'm making good progress on that game. But at same time, I'm still working on Curse Of Mantras and ToA: An Elven Marriage.
I know is weird, and you might think that working on so many things at once is bad, but it's actually better for my mental health. With PS2 I was always working on a single game, for 10-12 months straight. Now instead I alternate thing based on how I feel that day. If I woke up well rested and full of energy I work on complex coding stuff. Otherwise, I just write storyboard, script, do some small photoshop retouches, etc.
In practice, it's not like I'm working on 3 games and slowing down. I think I can actually get things done faster this (absurd) way :lol:

Also as always I have many people helping me out. There's a surprise game that I might announce next month (or this Summer anyway) with all romance combos :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another update!
Things are going well with At Your Feet, in practice I have only some CGs missing, but I already have all the story ready. Artist said she's trying to have it all done for end of August :)
And then some good and bad news: good news is that now that burn-out has passed (crossing fingers) I was able to review Summer In Trigue script and preserve the original multi-branching story with some effort. It means that it could be my next game to come out (finally! lol it was announced 4-5 years ago haha).
The bad news is that since I'll be focusing on it, I don't think I can have the Curse Of Mantras beta. But I'll have it later this year. Probably better since I need to release both those yuri games before November/December, the cursed moment of the year. Once both At Your Feet and Summer In Trigue are out, hopefully by October, I'll focus on Curse Of Mantras (I already have enough content for half of the battles, but still need to script / review the tutorials/beginning of the story).

In short the release schedule is looking to be:
Summer In Trigue
At Your Feet
Curse Of Mantras (beta this year, final game next year)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Current status:
- doing At Your Feet beta
- finishing Summer In Trigue (hopefully for October)
- planning a KS spin-off of a relatively recent game with male/female MC and all romances combo
- planning the next Tales from the Under-Realm game
- working on CCG Curse Of Mantras (almost all cards and all the backstories planned)
- working on ToA: An Elven Marriage (first of the 4 Elenor/Saren spin-off games), already wrote 40k words draft

Yes I've been busy lately :mrgreen:
sofalisa
Young scout

Post by sofalisa »

I'm excited for all that is to come!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thank you! I think I'll be releasing all those in the next 2 years, it will be nice when it's over an I can relax... just kidding, I never relax lol
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

My new KS will be live in the next days: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wi ... love-sucks
NOT a sequel of Love Bites, just taking place in the same world (there'll be some cameos). No need to have played the previous game :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Time for another update!
Starting this month I'm going to begin working on Love Notes. A good amount of the story is done, so it shouldn't take too long. I am even aiming at having a beta in December maybe. (But of course I won't release it during that cursed period of the year :lol:)
I'll also work on Curse Of Mantras, since I'd like to do a KS for it early next year. If I make in time also a alpha demo towards end of year to see a bit if all the months spent balancing the cards and designing the progression system was time well spent!
Next year after Curse Of Mantras release I might be working (finally!) on ToA: An Elven Marriage. I already wrote 50k words draft but there's still a lot to do (final game size should be around 150k words which with "only" 4 love interest is not bad). Anyway we'll see if I get burned out again after CoM release haha (I hope not!!).

I have also a few other "secret" smaller games in the works but I won't speak in public about them until they're at good point :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Phew was a while since I last updated this!
Anyway, Curse Of Mantras is at good point, beta demo coming surely next month, final game... depends how many bugs people find :lol: But I guess April/May max could be a good estimate!
However I'm already very tired from the coding, so I'll take a break after CoM to work on the next TFTU game which I already planned and started writing a bit. Like the first game will be yuri with 2 love interests but this time it will be VERY dark with deaths of main/secondary characters etc :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Time to update this!
Curse Of Mantras is out, will be on Steam sometimes in March. Pissed that they're making it Adult Only, but honestly I don't have the strength to fight anymore. Tbh I'm just happy that this BIG game is done :)

What's next? Well, I'll be working on ToA: An Elven Marriage, but being a RPG will take me a LOT of time, I'm aiming at a beta towards end of the year but not sure if that will happen! Meanwhile though, remembering what happened in the past, I'm also doing some smaller games while I'm done with this big RPG.

There are two games I'm currently working on, both yuri only: one is the next TFTU game, which will be a bit more mysterious, more dark, and with more branching and a bigger cast than the previous one. It will have several cameos, and take place way before Loren's event, when General Samael was just a guard captain. Whoops I've already said too much :)
The other one is so behind that I'm not even going to tell you anything except that's another dark/mystery game, but set in modern times, and should feature same art as Summer In Trigue (Deji at sprites and same artist for the hotter CGs :mrgreen:).

The goal would be to have one of the two finished this year, before the next big RPG. Mabye both, but that won't be easy :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another update: the TFTU After Midnight KS is about to end, and if doesn't reach the 7000 goal will just mean less scenes with Cynthia (though I secretly hope it makes it, or at least close).
So that will surely be the next game to come out. I'm also working on ToA: An Elven Marriage, and I've already written 90k words, but since is a RPG takes a loooooooooooooong time to code and make sure there are no plot holes and so on. I still hope to have a beta towards the end of year but not sure I'll make in time.
I have a few other projects but they're still behind, and mainly depends on artists speed. Some made good progress recently. So I might make a surprise announcement or KS after TFTU After Midnight is out (hopefully in September/October).