Character portraits have a delayed update when assigning attributes

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Character portraits have a delayed update when assigning attributes

Post by Troyen »

This has been bugging me for a while, but especially now because I can't tell if Kira's critical hit rate is bugged.

Basically, if I assign an attribute to a character, the value on the attribute table updates immediately. For example, giving 1 Accuracy to Thalia can bump her from 16 -> 17, and the two percentages will update: 16% -> 17% for the base crit and 24% -> 25% when accounting for gear. But her portrait still shows 24 on the crit stat.

Until I click something else. This can be selecting another stat category, picking a different character, or even removing the stat point I just assigned (upon which Thalia's portrait will show 25% crit even though the table now says 24%). It seems like the character portrait refresh is delayed until the next user action.

On a related note, does Kira have an Accuracy penalty? I'm sitting at 11 Accuracy (at level 15), for an 11% base chance, 21% total thanks to gems. When I try and raise it to 12, the base chance goes up to 12% but the total % stays at 21, and her portrait remains at 21. Bug or secret rounding penalty?

This was all on 1.0.3. The Feb 15 non-steam version. Save file.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Character portraits have a delayed update when assigning attributes

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the portrait value might have some updating delay (the "table" should be the fastest to update). Has been a while since I looked at the code but there shouldn't be any special penalty (or bonus) for any character, but as you said could be a rounding thing, since the accuracy originally was a floating value, differently from all the other stats. So maybe before was 21.1 and after is 21.9 or something like that :lol: