Queen Of Thieves beta 1.0.3 (new achievements)

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 1.0.2 (new achievements)

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:I have added a messagebox that will show after 15 days in the robbery screen, is the English OK? I wrote:

Code: Select all

show screen MsgBox(msg="Remember that you can explore also the Nobles and Mercenaries areas by clicking on the buttons on top-right, and then choosing Explore to reveal new targets. Mercenaries are particularly good to make XP fast!",msgtitle="Different Targets")
I'll tweak it slightly:

Code: Select all

Remember that you can also explore the Noble and Military areas by clicking on the buttons in the top-right and then choosing Explore to reveal new targets.  Military targets in particular are a good way to make XP fast!
The button says "Military" instead of "Mercenary" even though I've been incorrectly calling them mercenaries.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Yeah, I've been playing on steam ever since the XP tweaks. :P

I noticed other people in the community seem to be earning them, but not me. Something bugged in the save files (because they were locked until after I did the scene)?

Confirm button greyed out (note I'm running steam in the background) You can sort of see I have the Melvin/Thalia one unlocked in the gallery.

No achievements. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK. I think might be some Steam bug/glitch :( I see you're running on Mac, but honestly I tested it even on my Mac Mini and should work too.
When you start the game you see the overlay window? that small black window popping up saying "Steam bla bla"? Maybe if you disabled that, it could not work. Also maybe check if Steam shows the amount of time you played the game.
It happened to me sometimes in the past that somehow the connection wasn't working, then all of a suddenly the next time I logged in, bam 10 achievements unlocked at once :lol:
In this case though I can't do anything myself since it's built-in Renpy :(
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Yeah, I have the overlay, and I think the time played is correct. I've also quit and relaunched steam a few times to no avail. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Weird. What Mac OS are you using? maybe I could ask Pytom (the main Renpy coder) about this. I know he had a lot of issues on Mac recently...!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 1.0.3 (new achievements)

Post by jack1974 »

Anyways I just uploaded 1.0.3 here first, with just those fixes. I'll upload on Steam later :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I'm running 10.9.5. Normally I don't care since I tend to avoid steam, but maybe someone else will hit the same issue.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm well as you know, for Apple's standard, your OS is SUPER ANCIENT. I can play games made for Windows XP but for example, from MAC OS 10.4 to 10.6 a lot of games broke down irreparably :oops: