Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.3

Post by jack1974 »

Oh also:
myoksy wrote:haha. I already keep wondering why my forum account is not blocked.
Hmm I never thought of that!!!!!! :twisted:
I'm joking, of course I'm just eager to put the game out :) so every new bug hurts, but on the other hand means that when it's out will be very well tested (for Loren for example I fixed some very serious bugs even 2 years after the release!).
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:
myoksy wrote:The pacing was imo nearly perfect - my last two play-throughs (after the first one mostly used for fooling around) ended with the needed 50k very near the recommended endgame party level (on normal, after lvl 4/5 I robbed only nobles and sold _lots_ of gems.
Wait so you mean that the CURRENT XP amount reward is better than before? I could increase it a bit then... (the one I am testing now is the same of the 0.8.0 version).
no no no, I meant the XP amount before 0.8.1, sorry if I was unclear.
jack1974 wrote:
myoksy wrote:- What's the chance for a near-miss with halved damage? I don't have hard data but missing seems to be more often than criticals with a chance of 30+% (but this could be biased, negative experiences are more memorable than positive ones)
If I understand correctly your question, the percentage is the one displayed below the damage preview, so 81% means has 81% of chances to hit.
ah okay, I never connected the game option "enable/disable misses" with this value. thanks and sorry for the stupid question. so my feeling _was_ biased : )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well you helped me to find out the critical hit % was wrong :lol:
I have changed it so that now gives 50% more damage (before was 100%, aka double) but the value is the one displayed. So if you character has 30 in critical, will critical hit 1 attack out of 3. But with 50% more damage instead of 100%, I think should be fine. Will do an update later today with this change.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

as a small remark: I don't like Magic Chains that much, though I'm not sure if I simply using it wrong - maybe other players have a very different use case. on the one hand the skill is extremely powerful (highest direct damage, does not trigger counter attack) but it is so darn slow and this makes it less useful as paralyze skill, arguable the main function of the spell.

when the target is chained for only 2 rounds it's nearly impossible to renew the debuff as waiting is shorter than the reload time of the mage (and 50 % slower than the second paralysis skill). I would like the skill much more if it would be less powerful (maybe similar damage like the elemental spells?) and a tad faster (10 would be identical to Rest, for a similar fast foe the debuff could be renewed)

as I said before: it is totally possible that I misuse the skill and paralysis is not the intended main function, so other players should chip in
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.4

Post by jack1974 »

The thing is that if I had damage low, it would be basically useless against Bosses, so I kept damage high. It was a common complaint for SOTW paralyze spells. Though is possible that here is different since gameplay is quite different. As you say probably should get some more opinions before doing any changes.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

Lower damage, not low damage : D iirc the other paralyze skill has a damage of 150%, still in the "ouch! that hurt!" level.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

it is possible to walk through walls, the connections between rooms are without function. can I upload images here? I made screen shots of my not exactly nondestructive strollings in a couple of houses.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I disabled uploading images but you can always email or use http://imgur.com/ :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

I don't like multi-stop solutions : P But anyway: Walls are overrated and other irrelevant room dividers.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Checked the images: the first, since there are two entrances, is OK, once you enter all entrances are unlocked. Unless it was on the same run?
The second instead I don't get it. Do you remember which area it was ?