Queen Of Thieves beta 0.8.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
myoksy
Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.7.4

Post by myoksy »

I was wrong - the inventory in the catacombs is reset more often. I just entered a new level without new stuff and started without consumables.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote: Every time one buys an adventurer package the inventory is reset.
Ah OK, then it might be a bug in that case, will check it out :)
myoksy wrote: I mean the duels with The Shakal, The Dark, The Killer (invented names, forgot the real ones) - multiple times in one military mission, even in the same room. I think I may have save games somewhere if you're interested.
Yes if you have saves feel free to send them. In the same building it could happen indeed (but it shouldn't, I need to check), but in same room no, I don't think (need to look but I'm almost sure).
myoksy wrote: while randomizing the mission create a list of already chosen rooms and if the Random Number God is in bad mood and creates a given room multiple times throw the result out of the window in invoke the generator again.
I know that is the solution, implementing it on the other hand... would be a bit hard to do. I'll see what I can do, but this mistake in general was making the mission random. Was better to maybe have only 15-20 fixed missions (like the story ones) and nothing else. Anyway, live and learn :)
myoksy wrote: and one more thing:
it is cruel (CRUEL!) to allow paralyze and chained effects with a duration of one round. either make the lower limit two rounds or define 1 turn as a misfire (i.e. no effect)
That happens only because of target's resistance (very likely bosses). This was a problem of the engine since Loren's, will check if is possible for the paralyze to not have 1 turn duration.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Checked your skill tweaks suggestions:
Backstab: I reduced the damage but kept the armor destroy. 4 armor is at maximum level (Expert) so I think it's fine. With strikethrough you can destroy 1 armor to 3 targets, with this one 4 armor to 1 single one. Reducing the damage should make it less powerful.
Warrior's Blessing: Yes considering the average party values, 10% will be usually 5-7HP. I wanted to differentiate it from Joanne's one, to give a slow regen distributed on several turns. For now I tried to put a very fast delay, from 10 to 2, so I think the healing should work better.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote:I was wrong - the inventory in the catacombs is reset more often. I just entered a new level without new stuff and started without consumables.
Haha I found the bug. It had some side effect as well: the items were added to the part inventory (so NOT the storage). Which means that you could end up with more than the 5 items you're allowed to.
Anyway, I fixed it and now seems to work fine. I just got word from artist that the new/final main menu should be ready soon (even tomorrow maybe) so I'm waiting for that before doing the next update :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

and another small thing: it would be nice if one would be aware of the recommended when the gold amount for the next story step is named named.

for the 25k step is was unclear what is expected and I finished the catacomb at lvl 25 before I continued the story. it was a surprise to see the lvl 20 suggestion
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

I suddenly have a target list with 10 or so explored robbing targets. saw this once before, I think both times after I manually explored two houses - when the list should have been empty it's suddenly full of juicy targets.

bug or feature?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote:and another small thing: it would be nice if one would be aware of the recommended when the gold amount for the next story step is named named.

for the 25k step is was unclear what is expected and I finished the catacomb at lvl 25 before I continued the story. it was a surprise to see the lvl 20 suggestion
I don't understand what are you saying haha :lol: one is the amount of gold REQUIRED to advance the main plot, the other is the recommended level (not REQUIRED, just recommended) to explore a catacomb level :) Catacombs are independent from the main story (if you want you can even ignore it completely, though the final boss battle will be different).
myoksy wrote:I suddenly have a target list with 10 or so explored robbing targets. saw this once before, I think both times after I manually explored two houses - when the list should have been empty it's suddenly full of juicy targets.

bug or feature?
No when you have fully explored a room it should disappear, if you have a save can you send it? I think it might happen in some cases but with a save I could restrict the range :) thanks
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

I don't understand what are you saying haha
I'll try again : )

Collecting the gold to progress the story takes a while (= many robberies = a few levels increase). For a player (i.e. me...) it would be easier to plan the game if the recommendation for the story progress would be more transparent, not only the amount of gold but also the level suggestion.

In my current game (the first one after buying the full version) it was totally unclear what and when to do. So I collected (slowly) money and visited mostly the catacombs. The lowest level had a PC lvl suggestion of 25 and (for me) suddenly and surprising the catacomb was finished.

Afterwards I bought the next story step and realized that the recommendation is only level 20, and just a few minutes ago I opened the final chapter and saw that the suggested level is 25, while my chars are already around 30.

Had I known the level suggestions earlier I would have robbed much less and used the auto-shop-thingy much more often.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

and another reset of the inventory: after beating Tomas before the last(?) fight the items view is shown with an emptied selection ; )

----

eta: also after the fights with only two available PCs
Last edited by myoksy on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh OK now I understand! Yes I could inform the player earlier of the next plot mission target level, sure :)
myoksy wrote:and another reset of the inventory: after beating Tomas before the last(?) fight the items view is shown with an emptied selection ; )
During the mission itself? I manually empty the items in specific points, I don't recall adding something extra in the missions, though has been 3 months so maybe I forgot. If you can tell me exactly when it happens would be good. If you press F1 while playing, the current line is displayed on top-left (only during dialogues).