Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.7

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.7

Post by jack1974 »

At which difficulty are you playing? the guards high armor makes them indeed hard to beat. Was thinking to lower it a bit already :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I am playing on normal, they are ridiculously tough and the most common enemy in the game what with all the robberies. Maybe keep their current stats with say the kings guards but make the every day normal guards in robberies have maybe 5 less defense?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's what I'll do on next update. Also for Hard/Nightmare I'm scaling other stats rather than defense, to make the battles not last too much :)
Kainin
Young scout

Post by Kainin »

If you ask me the guards being hard is ok since they are supposed to be hard (apart from the military ares, I don't believe you get more than 1 or 2 per battle). You are not some legendary hero this time around....yes our girls are skilled but not so much that they can laugh at 4-5 guards/veteran mercenaries....imo you are supposed to prepare for such battles(explosives/ paralyzing potions/etc)and the battles become quite easy.

Btw if you scale their attack instead of their defense for hard/nightmare their counterattack selfbuff will become stuff of nightmares:)
(at least if you don't introduce some way for it to be ignored/taken down..that is if you don't already have one and I have missed it)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No there's no way to break their counterattack (if not by waiting for it to expire or use ranged weapons, only Thalia has them though).
You're right, it might become too hard in Hard/Nightmare with that change, if that's the case I'll revert back :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Distracting Blows stacks with itself.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes lol you're right. Way too powerful! Stacking duration could be OK, but defense bonus is a bit too much :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm this is actually quite hard to fix because how it was coded (the Defense/Armor thing was another hack I did to the original framework). I could either give the fixed bonus to the BASE Defense stat (though might be a bit confusing?) or I could try to give a bonus to Speed (so basically also lower chance to be hit). Thoughts ?
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I'm all for bonus to speed, that makes them tough because other than Thalia the girls are a bit slow so they can probably get multiple ones off. I will say that other than the first version, counterattack never seems to go off for the guards. They use the ability and the number never goes down and the girls never get hurt by it..
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

/FACEPALM
When I added the hit/miss change I added a bug that basically made the counter-attack broken!!!
Lol, I fixed it and the guards are definitely more powerful now. I'll need to tweak stuff... I'll probably upload a new version tomorrow since this counterattack fix could change the fights quite a lot!