Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.5

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.5

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I want to make it like so people can alternate catacombs with robberies, but once the catacombs are done the player should have a party high enough so that if they want to start skipping the robberies, they can. Optional grinding is better :)
Also implemented the auto-battles, since being able to skip those is also a good way to make XP and skip something that maybe some players don't want (especially if their party is very strong).

I must say that was more troublesome than I thought to make a RPG without a fixed story (linear or not). Good thing that the next ones have such a thing :)
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

So I finally finished the game (so totally worth it). It felt so good to kick Raul in the nards. Though I will say, I do know when the sisters face their mom, it says "They know they have no chance to win the fight." And really with how Arianna spams her stun, you can't win at all. Not even a chance to purify. Honestly, I'd take the option of the fight right out. It's not like you lose anything to the story anyways. You still save Arianna regardless. And your dad saves you. Or maybe that's the point? The girls tried but their mom was way too good. Anyways. When I saw the face like Mesphit's on Raul I was like: Oh snap. It's on now. Where's Loren?!

All in all, the story is well done. Everything seems to be working from what I can tell (minus the missing CG's). The past patches seemed to have cleared up a lot of the issues, again, from what I can tell. I mean I'll test it again when the other options come out. But I think I can safely say, to you, Jack, Forsaken, and the rest of the QoT team: Awesome work. My hat's off to you guys for a job well done on the game.
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

About the battle: hehe, I actually discussed with Forsaken about this, since I thought was not needed. But as you said was just to demonstrate how much more powerful Arianna is compared to the sisters. It's similar to a battle of SOTW DLC where you try to beat a demon, but you cannot win (so a "fake battle" like this one).

Glad you liked it. Tomorrow morning (so about 18h from now) I'll probably do the new version with those updates, and maybe other issues. But I am happy how the testing is going, game seems quite stable so far. Of course, that's until yaysword or fabula come and tear up apart my battle balancing :mrgreen:
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

This made me laugh, the lore on the burglar's pants, when they are talking about her pants slipping? She says it's a tiny but, but I think you meant bit? I'm not completely sure since it is thalia, but in that case, butt needs an extra T. Also there are two "I" when she says she likes the colour.
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

kadakithis wrote:This made me laugh, the lore on the burglar's pants, when they are talking about her pants slipping? She says it's a tiny but, but I think you meant bit? I'm not completely sure since it is thalia, but in that case, butt needs an extra T. Also there are two "I" when she says she likes the colour.
Yes it should be 'bit'.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks will fix on next update :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Thee Forsaken One wrote:
kadakithis wrote:This made me laugh, the lore on the burglar's pants, when they are talking about her pants slipping? She says it's a tiny but, but I think you meant bit? I'm not completely sure since it is thalia, but in that case, butt needs an extra T. Also there are two "I" when she says she likes the colour.
Yes it should be 'bit'.
What no tiny bit of butt? :oops:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Do you have a save when that missing window shows ? thanks :)
It's not a static screen, but when something fades in or out, the text window goes away. I'll send you an example save (there are probably lots more than this one), just advance, rollback, advance, you can't unsee it after a few times.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but in other places even if there's fading the window is fixed. I think it's only in that ending part of the game (I hope at least!).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Maybe, I didn't start noticing until the end of the game at least, but it happened more than once there so you may want to go through it quickly.