Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.3

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.2

Post by Franka »

Yeah, that's the bug where you can't click a room to start in, presumably if you finish a robbery mission in the right spot, you may be able to enter a room in the catacombs. I mean, it was at least possible in the last version. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

DarkWolf wrote:One thing I noticed right away is that hiding text window still doesn't work. True I am not sure if it doesn't work or is never meant to be there in a first place.
No in this game is disabled since many sprites were done waist-up only, so would show people cut in half :mrgreen:
Franka wrote:Yeah, that's the bug where you can't click a room to start in, presumably if you finish a robbery mission in the right spot, you may be able to enter a room in the catacombs. I mean, it was at least possible in the last version. :)
Haha that's weird, it never happened to me. Probably because I went straight to the catacombs and didn't do any robbery before. I need to manually set the position for each floor probably!
I still need to check the catacombs, today had to do some other errands, will do it tomorrow morning.
As always any "bugged save" is welcome, since is the fastest way for me to solve bugs :)
How to send me a save: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Sure, I'll send you a save where I can't enter the catacombs (for many, many days now). :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:One thing I noticed right away is that hiding text window still doesn't work. True I am not sure if it doesn't work or is never meant to be there in a first place.
No in this game is disabled since many sprites were done waist-up only, so would show people cut in half :mrgreen:
Aw that's too bad. Then may I suggest enabling it at least during times when CGs are shown.

Also regarding CGs, if you enter in achievements to see Thalia and Mary-Ann romance scene for some reason they will be in forest instead in original location.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I know we're mostly squashing bugs right now, but if I can make a suggestion, I think you should give us a reason to rob merchants.

As it is right now, nobles yield the best money as well as good chances to get gems. Military gives good fights with decent XP and also sometimes gems. Merchants give poor money and XP, and never (?) gems. While it's quick to do merchants, I would suggest they give more money, and let the nobles' specialty be gems and nerf their money? Especially since you can also sell gems for ridiculous amounts (there's rarely ever any reason to choose money over gems when getting the treasure room, 3 gems will be worth more than the gold you can get, even if you can't use them).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:Sure, I'll send you a save where I can't enter the catacombs (for many, many days now). :)
Why are you so eager to go in a such unhospital place!?!? :mrgreen:
DarkWolf wrote:Also regarding CGs, if you enter in achievements to see Thalia and Mary-Ann romance scene for some reason they will be in forest instead in original location.
Ah lol, going to look, probably wrote a wrong background name :)
Franka wrote:I know we're mostly squashing bugs right now, but if I can make a suggestion, I think you should give us a reason to rob merchants.
They were supposed to be the mid-way between nobles and military. However your suggestion could work, make them the main goal for money, while nobles the main goal for gems. I mean nobles would still have money, but probably more gems than money?
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote:I know we're mostly squashing bugs right now, but if I can make a suggestion, I think you should give us a reason to rob merchants.
They were supposed to be the mid-way between nobles and military. However your suggestion could work, make them the main goal for money, while nobles the main goal for gems. I mean nobles would still have money, but probably more gems than money?
Probably decrease money a lot from nobles, they already have different rooms that give gems, plus the vault where you can get 3 gems, and meanwhile increase money from merchants a lot. It also makes a certain sense that nobles would keep their wealth as gems and merchants have more need of cash.

In my current game I get merchants with <300 gold while nobles can give as much as 1400 gold, plus gem drops. I don't know if the rewards scale, but that's still a huge difference.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you're right. Unless the noble is Scrooge Mcduck that wants to swim in gold coins, nobody would keep 1400 gold in their masion, but convert them in smaller and easily transportable gems :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.3

Post by jack1974 »

Updated to 0.6.3, there are still catacombs rooms that trigger twice, but at leat now I HOPE that you can always enter them (I put a fixed position on the first catacomb level, so it should always work!).
DarkWolf
Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.3

Post by DarkWolf »

Yes it did fix entering catacombs as when I started new game with 0.6.2 version I couldn't enter them but in version 0.6.1 I could but I didn't start from the same location as now and I apparently missed 1 scene then, it also works with save from 0.6.2 version.

Also I don't know if save would help you to figure out problem regarding only merchants appearing as a robing option as I seem to be only one that has that problem and it doesn't seem to be save related as I tried removing all my saves and starting new game and it's still the same, but if you think it would help you just say a word.