Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, grabbed the save :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

DarkWolf wrote: If you enter inventory you will see Joanne having 6 SP but if you click on her enduring rob and look at gems the gem will start working and she will have 8 SP.
Sigh, loading the save and going in inventory, I see 8 SP immediately without the need to examine any item. I think might be a bug that can't be caught with saves, the worst kind :(

Maybe if you see the stat dropping while in a battle, then that save might work!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:
DarkWolf wrote: If you enter inventory you will see Joanne having 6 SP but if you click on her enduring rob and look at gems the gem will start working and she will have 8 SP.
Sigh, loading the save and going in inventory, I see 8 SP immediately without the need to examine any item. I think might be a bug that can't be caught with saves, the worst kind :(

Maybe if you see the stat dropping while in a battle, then that save might work!
I don't think status ever dropped in a middle of battle, always sometime in between battles.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Really weird. I wonder if it's connected to level up, but I tried a few times and I didn't get the problem here :(
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

I’d like to start off saying so far this game is AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:
Love the comedy of the sisters’ arguments and the sprites are beautifully done.

There is one problem I’ve encountered thus far: when in the Catacombs at night on I Think it was Day 4 (might have been a little after that) at the point where
Spoiler:
There’s the option to go into the sake pit
I got this when I chose to do so:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/encounters.rpy", line 119, in script call
  File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in script
  File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in <module>
NameError: name 'lvl5_silence' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/encounters.rpy", line 119, in script call
  File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in script
  File "C:\Users\Bob The Mob\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1648, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\Bob The Mob\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 1606, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Bob The Mob\Downloads\QoT-0.6.1-all\QoT-0.6.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 1601, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/encounters.rpy", line 1708, in <module>
NameError: name 'lvl5_silence' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Queen Of Thieves 0.6.1
and can’t get past that point.
Other than that, really dig this game thus far, and CAN’T WAIT for it to be available for the Kindle!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Oh, and is there a way of linking the progress I’ve made in the game to my Kindle when it comes out?
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Really weird. I wonder if it's connected to level up, but I tried a few times and I didn't get the problem here :(
I loaded that save and went into battle and made two new saves one right before battle starts and one inside of battle so maybe now you will see them.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, now I see it! :) finally can try to understand what's going on.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

BobTheMob wrote:I’d like to start off saying so far this game is AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:
Love the comedy of the sisters’ arguments and the sprites are beautifully done.
Cool, glad you like it :)
BobTheMob wrote: There is one problem I’ve encountered thus far: when in the Catacombs at night on I Think it was Day 4 (might have been a little after that) at the point where
Spoiler:
There’s the option to go into the sake pit
I got this when I chose to do so:
Yes, the catacombs are still bugged. Hopefully tomorrow will fix that!
BobTheMob wrote: Other than that, really dig this game thus far, and CAN’T WAIT for it to be available for the Kindle!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Oh, and is there a way of linking the progress I’ve made in the game to my Kindle when it comes out?
I am not sure, on Android I think you could copy the save info, but personally I never tried it :oops:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Thee Forsaken One wrote:
yayswords wrote:Forsaken, I think many sentences could use some commas. Also, when Thalia says she would like to "lay" with Malvin it makes me feel even you have fallen victim to the lie/lay pandemic. Lay is past tense of lie, else it's used with an object. It should be lie, even if that is homonymous with telling falsehoods. Am I wrong?
Yes, you're right but, since this is dialogue, common parlance can take precedence over correct grammar. In this case, we can assume that Thalia is making a common mistake that many do (especially singers).
Good point. It's funny I held back on mentioning something else because I told myself that... but anyway, outside of dialogue, the narrator mixes past and present wildly.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.