Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Queen Of Thieves beta 0.6.1

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:
yayswords wrote:Did you really give Into The Fray to every little idiot mob? Protect just gets removed instantly.
Haha, I added it to the skeletons, which I guess is a common enemy. Will change it. Also change the AI so that they don't ALWAYS use it, even if they have it. Otherwise as you said protect is a bit useless.
I haven't even met any skeletons yet. I reached level 2, took Protect, went to rob some nobles (which for the record is also how I got level 2). Some headless jokester uses it (or something else that removed it). I defeat him, move on to some guards, and they also use it. I say "fuck this game if I have to make Thalia facetank everything" and close it :P

There's really nothing stopping us from spamming the shop and robberies until whatever max level and gold is?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:Looks like it was just the drops from the elemental rooms that were bugged, Lich Queen gems did drop for me.
As always feel free to spam me with your savegames, since they really help :)
yayswords wrote:There's really nothing stopping us from spamming the shop and robberies until whatever max level and gold is?
Exactly, there's no "deadline". So in theory if you want you could just click "end turn" for 500 times and get the required gold. I don't know how much fun that would be though! :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote:Looks like it was just the drops from the elemental rooms that were bugged, Lich Queen gems did drop for me.
As always feel free to spam me with your savegames, since they really help :)
Oops, I think I overwrote that save, bad me, shouldn't overwrite saves in beta. Maybe there's an autosave I can salvage.

Sent you a disabled otome bug save though.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

When I clicked for more help to fight The red heart was called the red Hearth.

Level 5 catacombs I moved only to one room and it said I cleared the entire level after fighting one zombie horde.

Got Blue Screen when I bought the 100 honour survivor's pack

Gems will stop working unless I go to inventory and inspect them, and they do so randomly, this can make an encounter incredibly difficult

I feel the catacombs place me in a random room and that isn't on purpose? I did one set of quizzes what seemed like backwards, fighting the guy then answering questions and finally meeting him. I often feel like I need to clear the dungeon twice because I'm placed in the middle rather than at an end.

Enemies don't take damage when burning and hit with a melee attack

When I paralyze with Kira, the number won't go past 5 but ailments on the sisters can go up to 10
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

If you cancel entering the catacombs it counts as entering for the day.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I completed the catacombs during the prologue. :lol: Ok, I'm just playing on normal, but cleared at level 12. Those 1K gold weapons are pretty sick.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

After giving 1000 gold to the stranger, I'm taken back to the shop, where I can give 1000 gold to the stranger again (and again (and again))...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, the catacombs needs a lot of work it seems. Even on Easy level shouldn't be possible to do it so quickly! :lol: Probably I just need to fine-tune the enemy levels though.
Paralyze is OK, that one can go up to 5 (like in my other RPG) otherwise 10 turns of paralyze = automatic win/loss!
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

jack1974 wrote:Thanks, the catacombs needs a lot of work it seems. Even on Easy level shouldn't be possible to do it so quickly! :lol: Probably I just need to fine-tune the enemy levels though.
I think it might have to do with the levels we are at. I mean it did say 9 or above at one point, and I was level 9. So we are about the right level for the catacombs, just leveling up a lot instead of advancing the plot?

What is max level?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Max level should be 30, though the final boss battles should be around level 26-27!
And yes the problem with catacombs is that the coordinates of the previous robbery mission mess up with them. So if you finished last robbery at 5,5 and then do the catacombs, it would place you in that coordinates :lol:
I should have fixed that. I can't seem to reproduce the 100 Honor pack blue screen though, you need to post the error message if you get it again.

I think I'll do an update with all the fixes except the catacombs for today. I need to manually review all the catacombs :( since some places are supposed to be permanently disabled, while others not (like if you try a fight and lose, you should still be able to come there later).